Euan Helyg

The Nymphs are by far my one of my favourites out of the elemental species, and that's not just because I happen to be dating one... okay maybe it is, but that's not why I'm mentioning them. 

The Nymphs live in the Elm Forest, a large endless labyrinth of trees, where only they can navigate their way around. They are very agile and can jump 10ft up into the air, which helps them jump from tree to tree when travelling in the forest. They have a natural connection to all plant life. Not that they can control it or talk to it, but they can sense their pain and help heal it. The connection can also help with sensing danger, an ability that has helped them survive for so long.

(Euan P.O.V) 

A sense of pain shot through my head. Something had happened to the old Elk tree. I knelt down to the grass and then blasted off into the air. I jumped from tree to tree, my bare feet slammed against each branch until I reached the old Elk.

 A heart was carved into the trunk of the tree, with E+S carved in the middle.

"Hey Sam," I sighed as sharp pain shot through my brain once more as the small Elf stabbed the tree with a small dagger. He looked down at me from the high branch he was standing on.

"Hello, Lover" he said with a cocky grin as he jumped down.

"You know I hate it when you do that," I sighed as I placed my hand on the carved heart.

"That wasn't me," he announced feigning innocence.

"Oh really, who did it then?"

"Georgia and Tom"

"It's an E and an S"

"I was framed," he called out in a flamboyant manner.

"What are you doing here Sam?" I said with an even louder sigh. "You're supposed to be dead."

"Yeah, well... I missed you," he said seductively as he plucked the vines across my bare chest, "plus... Decay may be back." He looked down to the ground and walked away as he watched his two index fingers poking each other.

"WHAT!" I raised my voice in concern, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN BACK! I thought the Time Elves trapped him in a loop?"

"So did I," he announced in a high-pitched squeal, "until I met him when I was on earth in the year 3042, and he destroy the whole of Russia."

"He did WHAT!" I called out, "how did he escape?"

"Umm... I don't know," he said sarcastically. "That question seemed to slip my mind as I WATCHED HIM AGE AND ROT THE FACE OF A CHILD!"

"He's probably trying to build up his power," I said ignoring his sarcasm.

"We need to kill him," Sam continued.

"But how? We don't even know if other five are even born yet."

"Well,"

"You didn't" I stared at Sam as he sighed and turned to face away. "You cant go messing with time" I proclaimed "You remember what happened the last time you altered something.

"I know that but they're different," he repeated.

"How?"

"I don't know, they just are."

"Okay," I sighed, slightly giving up.

"Three of them are getting ready to leave as we speak, I just need to get the other two," he explained, "Then I'll go back and get the others when you're all ready."

"Alright," I huffed, "give me some time to get some stuff together and then I'll call you and you can come and get me."

"Okay." He stepped closer to me reached up and kissed my lips then turned and took a few steps forward.

"Oh, and Sam," I called out as he looked back, "I missed you too." A small smile grew across his face, and he disappeared in a violet flash.

* * * * *

I sat up in my treehouse packing my matt green bag with most of my essentials. I ran over to my hammock and pulled out an old dusty chest from underneath it. I reach into my pocket and grabbed three small, thin pieces of old straw. I hovered my other hand over them and tensed my fingers as I concentrated. The three pieces of straw started to dance and weave around each other until they had woven themselves into a key-like shape. I pushed the key into the lock and opened the chest. A huge, silver axe lay inside, a matt green ribbon was wrapped around its handle.

"Hello old friend," I muttered under my breath. At that moment, the ground started to shake and a feeling of déjà vu came over me. An old memory came bursting through my front door.

"Hello Mortem," I said without even a glance in his direction, "a little flower told me you had escaped." I could feel his hot breath against my neck as he stepped closer.

"Where is he?" a deep and broken, static voice emerged from the purple figure's head as I turned to face him. He was so close, our noses would have been touching if it wasn't for my height. I look down at his feet as two vines grabbed his ankles and yanked them back, causing him to fall forward onto his face as I dodged out of the way. Then, I grabbed the axe and my bag and jumped out of the window. I used my powers to seal the broken glass with strong vines and tree branches. It wasn't long before he had caught up with me. I turned to face him once more. Bearing my axe in one hand, I charged at the monster. But then, with a flash of violet light, Sam appeared in front of me. His violet katana was out and aimed towards Mortem. A violet glowing circle formed on the ground around him. Sam lunged towards Mortem at a violent speed, knocking him back a few feet. Sam then flicked back into the circle. The circle shot at Decay and trapped him in a translucent, lilac ball.

"Euan now!" he called. I sprinted and jumped, then slammed my fists into the ground. Branches and vines came shooting out of the grass, swarming and wrapping around the ball.

"How long is that gonna hold?" I asked Sam worryingly.

"I put him in a short time loop, so for about 2 hours," he explained. But then the branches started to crack and break. "Or maybe 10 seconds," Sam sighed awkwardly. "Gotta go now!" he cried as a lilac ball formed around us and drifted off into the air, and the world reversed all way back to what me and Sam called 'Earth's End'. The ball then popped, and we were left in the endless white void.

"The last two girls are already at the house," he explained, "their names are Elizabeth and Iolite."

"How would I know who's who?" I quickly asked before he went again.

"Elizabeth talks too much whereas Iolite doesn't talk at all," he quickly added, before he was gone in a violet flash.

"Great," I said with a loud sigh as I pushed the two invisible doors. Two women were sat in the kitchen, one cross-legged on the table and the other, with her arms folded, was sat on one of the seven chairs. The one in the chair stood up and stared at me as I walked in. She then proceeded to brush her long, blue hair out of her face.

"Lady Elizabeth Noyer," she held out her hand for me to greet her, "the eldest daughter of the Ruler of the Water Maidens."