Day at school

Percy POV

I sat at my desk in hell-sorry-school. I hate school, with a passion. You see, I'm Dyslexic and ADHD so everyone tends to makes fun of me. I could have been popular if I had wanted to. When I first got here girls kept asking me out, and I kept replying that "I have a girlfriend." Eventually these girls got mad and spread rumours about me, and I fell off the popularity ladder. Fast. Which, I was fine with. Less friends means, less people to wonder where I was every time I disappeared.

Anyway, Paul wrote something on the board it looked like a bunch if goobly gookey. I took a deep breath and raised my hand. I hated when I had to do this, it was embarrassing but I couldn't read squat of what he had written.

"Yes Percy?" he asked quietly coming up to my desk.

"What did you write on the board?" I ask quietly looking up at him nervously.

He nods "Read chapter 39 in your book. Do you still have the version I have you?"

Percy nods taking out the Greek version of To Kill a Mockingbird. "Thanks." I said wearily opening the book with a sigh and started to read.

.................Line break.....................

I walk out after my last class and took out my monster-proof phone that Leo had made. I walked out to the backlot behinds the school and I hit speed dial number 1, Annabeth.

I was vaguely aware of someone opening the door behind me. Oh yay, eaves droppers. Oh I'm gonna have a little fun.

The phone rang once, twice, again then she picked up."Hey Wise girl what's up?" I asked her.

"Not a lot, Seaweed Brain. Are those kids still bullying you? I know you aren't supposed too , but sometimes I want to tell you to hurt them." She says sadly with a tinge of laughter backing her tone making it clear it was a joke.

"Annabeth, I would squash them like a bug. I mean I can't stand the things they say to me sometimes, or do to me. I almost pulled out Riptide last week because they said that I'm not loyal, (a/n I know it's dumb I just couldn't think of anything else) then I remembered that it would go straight threw them, so I may have drenched them." I chuckle.

Annabeth laughs with me "I've gotta go, are we still on for tonight?" she asks seriously.

"Yep! I can't wait. It's our what 4 month anniversary of falling?" I ask

"Yeah."

"I'll see you at 8:00 pm in front of the Empire State Building kay?"

"See you tonight seaweed brain love ya."

"Love you too Wise Girl." I reply.

I swear I heard a girl gasp.

"I love you too Seaweed Brain" she said faintly, I know she said it clearly but I distracted and it sounded like a distant memory. I blinked and didn't even realize that she had hung up. I stuffed by phone in the front pocket of my pants and I walked back through the doors and back to the hallway. I can't wait to see my main bullies, James, Sarah, and Kiki's faces when I actually kiss Annabeth and show I have a girlfriend. Well, if I'm right about the not-so-sneaky eavesdroppers.

Kiki stops me by my locker and pushes me back slightly against a locker "Fight back Jackson." she says. I roll my eyes and push her off turning to  get the stuff out of my locker that I need. I grab Riptide out of my pocket (still in pen form) and twirl it around on my fingers. With a sigh I start to walk down the hall 20 feet, that's all I wanted to walk, twenty feet without letting myself get hurt.

James snickers and stops in front if me "How will a pen hurt me?" he asks. I push past him ignoring his question. the door is 2 feet away, 1 foot, less than a foot when Sarah stops in front of me

"What?" I finally say after about a minute of her staring at me

She rolls her eyes and kicks my legs causing me to land face down on the tile floor. Well, so much for wanting to not get hurt. "Hope that hurt Jackson." she muttered in my ear.I almost uncap riptide,  almost. I push her aside and walk home I honestly didn't respect her enough to reply. Tonight was going to be the best night I've had in a month, and I wasn't about to let some bugs ruin it.