If you don't first succeed, try, try, again

Alex

After our cruise, things went back to the everyday hustle and bustle of our lives. Elena was now due, and it was making Jordan a nervous wreck with each time they thought it was time, but each time proved to be a false alarm.

I don't know if it was the thought of another baby coming into the world or what, but my hormones were in overdrive. They were making it hard to concentrate at work with my thoughts floating to other places like Ryan, naked, strung up. Okay, I need to get my hormones in check.

Everyone had gone home for the night, and I wanted to finish this latest chapter of the new author we had signed. As I read, my mind started drifting again, and I found myself lost in a fantasy about Ryan. I was so distracted that I didn't hear him come in. He had walked over and leaned down, fanning a hot breath on my cheek as he spoke, "Are you ready?"

My breathing hitched, and I couldn't control myself or anything else. Just having Ryan there with me right now was making me ache in places I didn't know existed. I stood up and turned to him, spinning him around until he was standing in front of the chair.

"Alex," he asked a bit confused, but before he continued, I grabbed his shirt and smashed my lips to his. It took him aback at first, but he picked up my lead as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I reached down to the waistband of his pants. He pulled back. "Now?"

I nodded as I continued to kiss him and undoing his pants, then lowering them enough that it exposed him. I pushed him into the chair as I yanked up my skirt, climbing onto his lap and straddling him. I eased myself onto him, still kissing him as I placed my hands on his shoulders. He gripped my waist as he deepened the kiss as ground with him.

I couldn't hold back as my body shuddered, and I let out a loud groan, making him follow suit as he groaned deeply. As our bodies came down from the quick pleasure, I looked at him and grinned.

"Maybe more people we know should have babies," he said, moving a strand of hair away from my face as he smirked at me.

"Maybe," I agreed.

As we sat there, Ryan's phone went off. He pulled it out of his pocket, shifting me a bit and looking at the caller id, "It's Jordan."

"You better answer it. It might be about Elena," I said.

He answered the phone. "Jordan?"

Where are you?

"At the publishing company. Why?"

Get Alex and get to the hospital! Jordan yelled at the other end of the phone.

"Are you sure it's not a false alarm?" Ryan asked him.

Not if you think her water breaking is a false alarm!

"We're on our way," he said, ending the call. "We got to go. Elena is having the baby."

I got off Ryan's lap and pulled down my skirt. He stood up and pulled up his pants, redoing the button and zipper. I grabbed my bag as I took his hand. He stopped as we got to the door and asked, "When did you decide with going commando?"

I just rolled my eyes. "Come on."

We headed to the hospital and found the family already there. Jordan was in with Elena. It was hours until we even heard anything, then Jordan came out and announced, "It's a boy!"

Everyone cheered and gave him hugs while congratulating him.

"Congrats, brother," Ryan said, hugging him.

"Thanks, man."

Frazier was next. "Welcome to the club, man."

"Thanks, brother."