Things that go bump in the night: a Halloween chapter

Alex

With the gun-wielding lunatic caught, things returned to normal somewhat. Who was I kidding? Any day living with Frazier is anything but average, especially with Halloween upon us.

We made it through most of the first semester unscathed mostly, but five of us were on high alert since we didn't know what Frazier was planning. After what we did to him last Halloween, we knew it could only mean one thing, trouble. Yeah, Frazier didn't forget about our little jail stint.

Today was Halloween, and I had just finished classes for the day and took a nap. As I enjoyed my peaceful slumber, I awoke by this god awful noise right by my ear, making me scream and fall out of bed with a thump. Did I mention my bed was pretty high up, and that hurt?

As I lay on the floor in somewhat a pain, I opened my eyes to see a shit-eating grin on no other than Frazier hovering over me. In his hand was an air horn.

"What the hell, Frazier?" I let out a groan.

"One down, four to go," he smirked, walking out of the room. Yep, he didn't even bother to help me up. I just laid there like a lump until Ryan came in and found me.

"I see you're his first victim," he said, taking my hand and helping me up off the floor.

"Yep, but at least I'm not his last," I shrugged. Then we heard someone scream, "Ahh, my hair! What did you do to my hair? Frazier, you're a dead man!"

We looked at each other, and we said, "Marissa." We ran out into the hallway to see Marissa whip open the bathroom door with bright orange hair, making her look like Bozo the clown. We stood there, shocked. If he could do this to his wife, then what did he have in store for the rest of us?

She looked at us, seething, and I said innocently, "It's not that bad."

"It's not that bad! Alex, my hair is orange! Ugh," Marissa groaned. She slammed the door shut.

I looked at Ryan, and he looked at me, and we both said, "Two down, three to go."

I had to wonder who was next? Would it be Ryan, Jordan, or Elena? We heard the front door open, and our eyes widened as we both bolted downstairs to see a bucket of water dumped onto Elena's head.

We made the "oh" sound, trying not to laugh as she yelled, "Frazier, I will kill you!"

Then we both said, "Three down, two to go."

"Elena, where's Jordan?" Ryan asked.

She looked at us seething, "I don't know, and I don't care at this moment. I will put on some dry clothes." Then she stormed upstairs.

Ryan pulled out his phone to text Jordan not to come home. Things were getting crazy with the girls already getting hit first. He put his phone back into his pocket, and we checked for any other booby traps. As far as we could see, there weren't anymore, making us breathe a sigh of relief. Well, that was until Ryan turned around.

"Surprise, motherfucker!" Frazier threw a coconut cream pie in Ryan's face, then ran off. Ryan took his hands, wiping the cake out of his eyes, then looked at me as I tried to stifle a laugh, but it didn't work. I laughed, and he gave me a look grabbing me. "No, Ryan!"

"Got to share the pie," he said, pulling me to him and kissing me, leaving the pie on my face. I took a swipe with my finger and licked it, "Mmm coconut cream; pie of choice."

"Psh, yeah, come on, we need to get cleaned up," he said, taking my hand, and we headed to the shower. After cleaning up and changing our clothes, we went into the hallway, meeting with Elena, now in dry clothes, and Marissa with her Bozo hair hidden under a hat.