Chapter 15

I was sitting in ninth period bored as ever. The day practically flew by until now. I leaned forward on my desk resting my head on the palms of my hands.

I pushed my glasses up slightly and looked at the clock. It was going to ring in two minutes, and god knows it feels like forever.

I looked at the fairly close doorway and looked through the small glass window located to the right of the door. I smiled as I saw Thomas in the classroom across the hallway trying to get my attention.

He waved his hand at me and I lifted my hand up. I waved back to him mainly using my fingers then put my hand down hoping the teacher wouldn't notice. I leaned my head against my hand that was being propped up by my elbow on my desk. I looked back at the clock.

"Ugh, only thirty seconds went by." I muttered slightly annoyed to myself. I looked back over at Thomas and he pointed at me followed by him pointing at himself. Then in one swift motion he made his hand look as though it was talking.

I looked at him confused. He appeared to let out a sigh and waved his hand in a manner that said never mind. Immediately after I watched him do so, realization smacked me across my already bruised face. He wants to talk, DUH!

I redid his hand motions. But instead pointing at him and then myself I did the hand talking then pointing at myself thing in between the two motions. I mouthed the words as well. It probably both sounds and looks confusing to anyone around me.

He smiled and nodded. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was going to ring any second now. Thank god.

Everyone stood up and began to put on their book-bags including myself. I slung it lazily over my shoulder as I heard the four beeps from the school's bell go off.

With a jolt in my step I raced towards the door. Before I could reach the handle I was shoved out of the way by the other students. Annoyed, I waited for everyone else to leave the classroom.

    When everyone was gone, I walked out of the room over to Thomas who was leaning against the wall, his navy blue book-bag in hand. He appeared to be in deep thought.

"Hey!" I poked his shoulder. He jumped slightly as though I startled him, and then awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh Hi Kora." I looked at all of the sloths and idiots walking by to exit the school.

"So Thomas what did you want to talk to me about?" He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his car keys.

"You want a ride?" He jingled the keys in my face and then stood up straight.

I nodded my head and responded. "I would love one, thanks man." Thomas swung his bag over his shoulder and the two of us walked next to each other down the hall.

As we advanced towards the exit, I felt something...no a hand interlock their fingers with mine.

I looked down caught off guard. I blushed slightly and looked at our hands. It was a surprise for sure. I looked at Thomas who quickly removed his hand from mine blushing.

He nervously responded, "Uhhhh sorry, I didn't mean to d-do that, I was just uh." I got on my tippy toes and managed to place my hand on his shoulder. Man, being 4'11 is not easy, especially if your friends with someone who is 6'4.

"Thomas, it's okay. To be honest it was kinda nice." I could feel a slight heat rise to my pale cheeks as I spoke.

Thomas cleared his throat slightly as we exited the building. "Kora, your bag looks heavy, can I c-carry it for you?"