Chapter 9

After a long day of boring classes and know it all teenagers, the final bell rang and I ran for the main lobby. Somehow I managed to avoid Tara and her idiotic pack she calls friends for the rest of the day, so that was a plus.

Thomas offered me a ride to my job so I hurried up trying to find him. What he doesn't know however, is that I'm not working today, but he doesn't need to know that. After all I don't want him to show up at my house...especially if dad is home and my report card came.

My shoes rubbed against the ground making an unpleasant squeaking sound as I ran. Each time it occurred I cringed slightly.

Due to my hurried running, I had to keep readjusting my earbuds in my ears so that they wouldn't fall out. Specifically my left earbud kept trying to fall out. It was very annoying.

With every step I took my bag bounced up and down almost in unison with my rapid heartbeat. My long dirty blonde hair which was still down, flew behind me and I kept taking deep breathes.

Fortunately I wasn't caught running in the hallway by a teacher as I reached the main lobby. They just aren't around when they need to be I suppose. (Like always.)

I slowed my pace as I entered the lobby until I came to a complete stop. I slowly made my way to the wall trying not to get run over.

    I hugged the wall in an attempt to not be swept away in the rushing crowd of teens. I'm actually shocked that I didn't bump into anyone considering the fact I can't see as well as normal.

I watched everyone yelling and pushing one another out of the building threw our special hell's gates.

Each door gave a ear piercing squeal when opening and closing, and each time the handles were pushed down made an aggressive bang.

The main lobbies carpets that laid sloppily at the exits were being kicked up, and the occasional sixth or seventh grader would trip on it. The person in their hurry would jump up and run out the door to catch up with their friends.

My eyes darted back and forth from the each of the school's three decorated hallways trying to find Thomas hidden within the crowd. To my likening, I was so longer out of breath.

My music coming from my earbuds stopped so I looked down at my phone. My playlist I created containing mostly rock and roll ended. I quickly clicked the play button and my music began to play once more.

As I looked up I felt a tapping on my shoulder, I jumped slightly from the sudden touch and stepped to the side with a scared look on mu face. Standing beside me was my familiar, red headed friend Abby. I relaxed slightly from seeing her.

Her face was red and she was panting from what I assume to be her running. She put her hands at her sides and began to speak.

"Geez Kora calm down! I'm not gonna hurt ya!" She giggled and poked my arm. "So, what are you doing just standing around? Don't you have to catch the bus?"

I shook my head and smiled. "Oh...heh, Thomas offered to drive me to SubWay so I wouldn't be late for work." I readjusted my bag and looked around for Thomas again.

"Ooh that makes sense. Hey I was wondering are you busy this weekend?" She asked me curiously.

I looked at her and bite my bottom lip, my glance drifting to the close by open doors. "Umm...I don't think I am, why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping with me at the mall."

"What would we shop for?" I asked her questionably. "I mean, I want to make sure I bring enough money."