Love Forgotten

On the plane ride back to my home state, all I could think about was who ever Lapis was with. I just thought and thought about why I wasn't worth waiting for. Why was she better than me? What did she have that I didn't? What could she give Lapis that I couldn't?

  All of these thoughts flew circles around my head, as if they were taunting me for not seeing Lapis sooner, for not being good enough.

  I tried to convince myself it wasn't my fault, but had I not left all those years ago, things would be fine between Lapis and I. No matter what points I brought up, it all led back to that day I left Lapis.

  This was my fault, and I'm never going to be able to move on. I'm going to be stuck with this feeling of regret and depression until the day I die. If only that day were today. That's when I heard the sound of an explosion, and screams and cries of parents along with children as we started to plummet torward ground.

  As screams filled my head, I was silent. I was fearless. I was happy to be  freed from this feeling. As the nose of the plane got closer and closer to the ground, I became more and more anxious. As the nose of the plane collided with the ground . . . All I could see was darkness.

  Then, I could see a bright light at the end of the tunnel, and as I entered it, I opened my eyes. I was in a hospital. A doctor then informed me that I had been in a car crash, and that I'd been passed out for a few days.

  On the other side of the room was Lapis, as the doctor and nurse left, Lapis walked closer. " You wouldn't believe what happened, I had to tell them I was your girlfriend just to ride here with you. "

  Even though there were many questions flowing through my head, I could ask only 1 thing, " Lapis, what's the date? "

  She replied," April 19th." "What's the year?" I asked, "It's 2017, why do you need to know?" My anxiety shot through the roof. When that plane crashed, it was 2021.

  Meaning everything that's happened these past couple years, was me dreaming these past few days. Lapis and I never went out, my parents weren't killed, I never lived with Lapis and her mom, and I never went to college.

  I guess I'm just going to have to go back to the life I was living about 4 years ago. But there's just one problem, I'm still in love with Lapis.

PLEASE READ THE A/N
______________________________________

If you're reading this a/n, then things will begin to make a lot of sense. For starters, many of you are saying that Peridot and Lapis fell in love with each other waayyy too soon. Well that's because Peridot was just having a crazy dream, and now that she's awake she's still feeling what she felt in the dream.

Secondly, yes, I know, this chapter was a big bomb shell to drop, and that's why I'll be anouncing, that . . . . There's gonna be a SEQUEL!

And the first chapter of the sequel will be up soon, the name of the new book is Love Hurts.