I'm Peridot by the way

Peridots POV

So I was at school and report cards were going out. I had all A's, accept for one. I had a C in Social Studies. I already knew when I get home, I'm going to be beaten. For a getting a C!!
Time skip to back
at the house
"YOU GOT A WHAT?!?" my step-mother shouted. "I got a C" I whimpered dreading the beating I was about to receive, and that's exactly what happened, she beat me with a belt til' I couldn't fell anymore, and then kept beating. Sobbing I ran out if the house, to the only place I know where, the park.

Upon arrival I ran around the park behind the fence so no one would see me. There I sobbed and sobbed. Minutes later I heard a thud over to my right, but I could care less right now. But then I heard a voice, " Hey, are you okay?" I was startled, but the voice was so soothing, calm, and caring that I calmed quickly. I went back to crying. That's when the voice spoke again," It'll be O.K. What ever was bothering you before is gone now. If you want you can play with me and some of my friends." She offered. I wanted to refuse her offer but u just couldn't bring myself to do it. I nod in replied and we head off toward the park." I'm Peridot by the way." "I'm Lapis" she responded.

Beep! Beep! Beep!
(End of dream)

My alarm went off and I sigh. I get up and get dressed, but decide to skip breakfast and there were no words spoken between my mother and I. I walked out the front door and to the bus stop.

Time skip to
At the school

I have no idea where any of my classes are so I was late. At this point I'm practically running until I collided into what looked like the girl from my dream. . .