The Brake Up?

Lapis' POV

     I retrieved the duffle bags from the trunk. I walked up Peridot's drive way and got the sence I was being watched, but I just ignored it. I walked in and was met with a tall figure, standing in the darkness. I was frightened at first, but then the figure stepped into the light. It was a women, wearing an apron, and holding a sponge. But something was on the sponge and apron. It was . . . BLOOD?!

     I screamed as loud as I could, but she just chuckled. Then she started to speak. "Don't worry, I was just hired to clean up,
'the mess' " she put emphasis on those last two words. "Oh, sorry. Anyway, I'm just here to pick up some of the victim's daughter's things." I explained.

     She nodded in response. I ran upstairs to where I thought Peridot's room might be. I entered the room and got the chills. Not because it was cold. It was because of a thought that entered my mind. It was the thought that two people were killed in this house, and it was less than two days ago. The thought just crept me out. It also served as a motivation. It served as a motivation because the sooner I gathered everything in the duffle bags, the sooner I could leave. The first thing I went to was the closet.

     I opened it up and started putting clothes in one of the bags. Then I moved on to the shoes. After that I moved on to stuff around the room such as books, movies, and bags upon bags of doritos. I was about to leave when I spotted another book on the top of Peridot's  dresser. I picked it up and read the cover. It read, in capital letters, DIARY. I knew it wasn't my place to read it, so I went on my way. That is, until I dropped it. It landed with it's pages facing up. The page it landed on was titled, My Crush. That's when I got curious. We are together, so it's safe to assume that the crush was me, but there is no harm in reading it anyways. I picked it up and started to read.

     It talked about how amazing this person was. I just skimmed past all of that stuff and got to where it said who the crush was.

     "Now that I'm done talking about how amazing she is. I might as well say her name. Her name is . . . Amethyst."

     My heart dropped after reading that last word. My sadness turned into anger. "Amythest?!? After everything we've been through! I can't believe her! She's just been using me this entire time!"

     All of these thoughts crowded my mind. I was in such a blind rage that all I could think about was confronting Peridot. I ran down the stairs, almost tripping in the process. I hopped in my car and headed for my house. It felt like an eternity before I got there, but when I did arrive, I saw that my mom had left the house. Good, she won't have to see my breakdown.

     I burst through the front door and started looking for Peridot. She wasn't in the living room, she wasn't in the kitchen, she wasn't in either of the bathrooms, so she must be in my bedroom. I dashed up the stairs and into my bedroom. I guess Peridot was asleep, because when I burst in, her head sat up from a pillow and there was drool on her face. She sleepily said, "Hey Lapis. What's going on?" my mind and body were filled with so much rage that I couldn't help myself from shouting at the top of my lungs. "YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!!" after yelling that, I threw the diary on the bed. She took one look at it, and her face filled with fear.

     "Lapis, I don't think you understand!" She tried to explain herself, but I was in no mood to listen to excuses. "I THINK I UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY!!" That was the last thing I said before leaving. I didn't know where I was going, I just knew it was away from her.

————————————————
A/N.   Sorry this took so long. I went to the movies with my dad. I promise to have the next chapter out soon. Bye! ✌