Lost Time

Lapis' POV

Things were different after she left. Things just seemed more gloomy and dark. Eventually, I decided I should head off to college too, because it would, "Open up many career options that you didn't have before" as my mom would say. After some looking, I found a 'decent' college that I was eligible for.

So about a year after she left for college, I did the same. I honestly didn't care about my ocupation, as long as I got the electricity bill payed I would be fine, but there was one other reason I wanted to go to college. The reason was that I wanted something to take my mind off of her. I thought that if I was with friends, mabey got involved with a relationship, and was constantly working on school work . . . I might just forget about Peridot.

Peridot's POV

College sucks. I've been here for about a year and a half, and I haven't spoken to anyone. I keep telling myself to 'make friends' or 'go on a date' so that it might not hurt as much, and I might just forget about Lapis. But that's just the problem, I don't want to forget about Lapis, and the constant pain is a constant reminder that I still love her.

Even after college was coming to a close, I still hadn't spoken to hardly anyone. It was hell to say the least. Every day, constantly having to shake off the feeling that, "Mabey Lapis moved on. Mabey she found someone better, someone who would treat her better than I did. Someone who would give her the love that I couldn't."

The thought of Lapis with anyone else but me made my heart want to burst, and made my blood boil. I had to stay positive, just think that Lapis is waiting for me to come back to my old house. But no matter how many times I thought it, I couldn't help but feel it wasn't true.

After college, I got a plane ticket back to my home town. I arrived and got a taxi to take me back to my old house. I arrived, payed the man, and made my way to the front door. Words couldn't describe how ecstatic I was to see Lapis again. I didn't even knock, I just opened the door using the spare key I had from all those years ago.

"Lapis! Lapis, I'm home! It's me Peridot!" I shouted to the supposedly empty house. After no response, I walked to the kitchen to get something to eat, where I then saw Lapis' mother in the backyard through the window. We soon made eye-contact, and she rushed inside to see me.

"Peridot, it's so good to see you! Did you just arrive in town or have you been here for a few days and just not bothered to tell me?"   "I came straight home, I didn't want to be away from Lapis for another minute. Speaking of which, where is Lapis?" I asked. Her great big smile turned into a frown.

"S-sweety, Lapis left for college about a year after you did. S-she's still there."