Making Friends

Lapis' POV

     It's the morning after Peridot's little incedent. I've been really awkward around Peridot ever since what happend last night. I know we're together and all, but I don't think either of us were quite ready to go there. We both kinda stepped out of our comfort zone when Peridot rolled over on me. The next morning we didn't even look at each other. We just ate breakfast in silence. I took a shower, threw on an outfit, and then took off out the door.

     Whenever I got to school I was flooded with the feeling of loneliness. Peridot and I had first period together and without her, it just didn't feel right. I had to go to school without her while she was in the hospital, but that was before we were together. Now that we've established our feelings for each other, there isn't a moment I want to spend away from her. I know that sounds cheesey, but it's true. I guess I'll just have to hang out with someone else for today . . . I looked around homeroom and my eyes met someone that I was friends with in middle school. Her name is Amythest. We've never been really good friends, but she's one of the only "friends" I've had. No one really ever wanted to hang out with me, but Amythest has the type of personality that even if you had absolutely nothing in common, she would still hang out with you. That's what I liked about her. I then realized I had been staring and quickly looked away. I dashed over and sat next to her. Amythest looked over at me, then spoke.

     "Lapis, right?" I nodded in response.

"We went to middle school together right?" I nodded again in response.

"Your still the same old Lapis." Her statement confused me so asked her about it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said confused. She responded with, "I mean, back in middle school. You never said anything, you always just nodded your head." She had a point, I wasn't really much of a talker, and I'm still not today. Now that I think about it, the people I ever really speak to now are Peridot and my mom. That's sad, but true. I looked in Amythest's direction and something caught my eye. Her hair was a lot longer now than it was in middle school. And she died it white. In middle school her hair was shirt and brown. I liked her new style a lot more. It suites her outgoing personality. I decide to mention it.

"Ya, well you're quite the opposite. You've changed your style a lot since middle school."

She responded with, "If you're referring to my hair, then you're absolutely right. I don't know why. I just think this hair style suites me."

The rest of class was like this, just talking back and forth about random topics. Until Amythest said something that really made pay close attention to her.

"So how's Peridot been doing?" That question caught me off guard. "She's feeling better now that she's out of the hospital." I responded.

"Then why isn't she here today?" I knew the answer to her question, but would Peridot want me going around telling everyone about her parents? It's just one person right, what's the worst that could happen? "Something happened to her parents, and there no longer with us." Her usual happy self turned to sadness. I usually didn't really worry to much about it when I saw people cry, but over the time we've been talking. I've developed some sort of friendly bond with her. It kinda hurt to see her sad like that.

"Don't feel bad, Peridot really doesn't seem too sad about the hole thing. I don't know why though." I gave her a small hug before I left to go to the next period. After arriving at my second period. I once again searched for someone to sit by. My eyes landed on someone I used to know on Jr. High. Her name is Pearl. I walked over and sat next to her. She looked at me strangely, then spoke.

"Why are you sitting by me?" Pearl said, probably because she wasn't too social either.

"I'm sitting by you because you look lonely and could use a friend." I answered truthfully. She gave a small nod in approval.
I tried to start a conversation, so I mentioned something I know she wanted to talk about. "So did I you and your Jr.High crush ever get together? You know . . . Rose?" She blushed a bright pink. But then her expression changed to sad.

"I was going to confess to her, but she moved away. I looked her up once, she now resides somewhere far away, living with her boyfriend, Greg." She teared up for a second, but quickly wiped her eyes in attempt to hide how she was feeling. But I knew she was sad, I could see right through her tough shell. We spent the rest of the period just catching up, and talking about how we're doing now. I told her about Peridot, but I didn't tell her we were together. I told her bye and then headed off to my next period.

     I entered the room and started looking for whom I was going to sit by. My eyes landed on
Garnet . . .