The Surgery

Lapis' POV

   Ever since the doctor told me Peridot needs surgery, I've been really worried. It's like the dream is coming to life! It's like dream Peridot said. That surgery could go one of two ways. So I'm going to have to confess to Peri before they start the surgery. Speaking of the surgery, when is it? I left Peridot alone and I trust she wouldn't try and call me again if I'm just down the hall. I went to the doctor, " Hey doctor, when is Peridot's surgery? " he went shuffling through his papers and then spoke. " It will be within the next 2 days. "  WHAT?!? IVE ONLY GOT THE NEXT TWO DAYS TO CONFESS HER!!!
   Well, if I'm going to tell her about my feelings, it has to be perfect. Anything for my Peri. I sat up all night with a pen and notebook in hand. I had written down 128 ideas, but only a hand full were good. I trashed the bad and stashed the good. I needed to start preparing. I went out and bought all of the supplies I would need for the ideas I thought up. The first thing I did was prepare my speech. Then I bought her a card and some of her favorite candy that I saw her eat at lunch on the first day of school. Then I got that necklace I had bought her right before her accident when she tried to call me, and I put it in a box and rapped it up in green rapping paper with a blue bow on it. Then I went out and got all of the kids at school to sign a HUGE poster, that said 'Get Well Soon!' in big green letters. Finally I bought her roses and wrote her exact words from the dream on a little card, and stuck in the middle of the roses. Everything was set for tomorrow. I made a mental check list

Speech? - ✔

Candy? - ✔

Card? - ✔

Necklace? - ✔

Poster? - ✔

Roses? - ✔

Card with
another     - ✔
speech? 

Anxiety? - ✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

I waited and waited for Peridot to awake so I could enact my plan to confess to her. I was partly anxiouse about confessing and quadruple anxiouse about the surgery being today. But that's not my main focus right now. My main focus is getting an answer from Peridot. OMG she's waking up!!! Just act natural!
" H-hey Peridot. " I managed to spammer out. " *yaaawn* oh, hey Lapis. " she said casually. Just relax, you'll be fine. I've been practicing this speech all night. Here we go . . .  " Listen Peridot, the first second I met you I thought we were gonna be friends. But for the little while now I've felt something different than friendship. It was something, more. I just thought that you'd never feel the same way I felt about you, so I kept these feelings locked up. But I've realized them now, and I'm ready to accept your answer. And  Peridot, wether you accept these feelings or not, I still think we can be great friends. " that's when I pulled the present and flowers out from behind my back and motioned for her to take it. She hesitated at first, but then gradually took them out of my hands. My hands now being free, I picked up the poster the was under the bed. " Now before you say anything, I have one last gift for you. *unraveles poster* I stopped by the school yesterday and got everyone to sign it! "
I was doing all of this to make her happy. But she was crying.
" Why did you really do all of this? " she asked puzzled. " To make the girl I have feelings for laugh and smile. " I responded. She frowned. " If this is some kind of sick joke its not funny! " she shouted. She thinks I'm joking?!?!    No surprise, I'm terrible. What was I thinking! She must hate me now! "  I see why you think I'm joking . . .  "
I trailed off. " What do mean by that? " she asked confused.
" I mean I was stupid to think in a million years that you would even pretend to like me. " tears were pricking at my eyes. I did my absolutely best to hold them in though. I didn't want to make any more of a fool of myself.
" I mean just look at me! I'm nothing, worthless, garbage that needs to be thrown away! I'm sorry for wasting your time. And burdining you with my love. " at this point there was no stopping it, the tears were flowing, but I didn't care. All I knew at the moment was that I had been rejected by the only person I had ever loved. " What are you talking about?!? " Peridot shouted. Which snapped me out of my thoughts. " This has to be a joke, someone put you up to this, I know someone like you could never love someone like me, NOT EVEN MY FAMILY LOVES ME!!! "
I was in shock at what she had said but soon was snapped back out of thought when Peridot continued. " You're amazing, perfect, flawless, beautiful, and I'm me! Me, the depressed, short girl at school that and never talks to anyone, and gets abused by her her parents almost every day! " she thought I was joking because she thought I would never love someone like her. She opened her mouth to say something else, but I cut her off.
I kissed her. It was passionate, but not to strong. I was surprised when she didn't hesitate and kissed back but with more force, deepening the kiss. Our tears mixed as we battled for dominance . . .     she won?!? But she's the injured one! I shook these thoughts away and continued to share this moment with my new found love.This lasted for about 20 sevonds. She pulled away for air. I could have went longer but I wasn't mad. She gave me a very strange look. It said confused, yet happy.
" Don't be ridiculous, your perfect, nothing will ever change that. No matter how many insecurities you think you have, I think your flawless. " our thoughts were interrupted when the doctor entered the room.
" We're ready for you in the surgery room Peridot . . .    "

————————————————

   That's over 1,000 words. Not even including this A/N! So yesterday I said I would upload 1-2 chapters, so I thought I would make one extremely long one that would amount to about two chapters. Oh! BTW be the first to comment and you'll be in the next chapter buy. ✌