Making Up

Peridot's POV

     I was non-stop crying. Lapis thinks I'm in love with someone else. But she doesn't realize, I wrote that like 2 years ago. I've already moved on from Amythest. I love Lapis with all of my heart, and she should know that.

     It really hurt me to know that she would have such little faith in me. But none the less . . . I have to find her. Even if she won't listen to me. I know I'm not supposed to be driving, but I have no choice. I walked down stairs, and grabbed the keys off of the hook. I dashed outside and hurried into Lapis' mom's car. Lapis' mom took the family car, so her car is still here. I got in, rolled the window down, and started driving. I drove around town, and every few seconds, I shouted Lapis' name out of the car window. I started thinking,

     "What is the one place Lapis' would go in a time like this?" Then, it came to me. If she isn't at the Big Donut, I don't know where she is. She always went there whenever she was upset or angry. I drove for what seemed like one thousand miles, when in reality, it was only about ten. I drove into the parking lot, and the first thing I saw was Lapis' car. Thank god . . .

     I burst through the door and scanned the room for signs of my blue headed girlfriend. But my eyes started to water when I thought we might not be together anymore. I shook these thoughts away and continued looking through the room for Lapis. There was a lot of business that day, so I had to scan everyone in the room. There was no sight of her. Her car was in the drive way, so she must be around here somewhere.

     I went to the women working the cash register. Her name was Sadie. We were well acquainted because I came here often myself.  "Hey Sadie, have you seen a women with blue hair walk in earlier?" I asked quickly. "Oh, uhhh. Ya, she walked in a little while ago and then went to the bathroom." She said. She looked like she wanted to say something else, but I cut her off. "Thanks Sadie." I said quickly before dashing to the bathroom.

     I opened the door slowly to not make much noise. The first thing I heard were sobs coming from one of the stalls. No one else was in the bathroom with us, so it must be Lapis. I walked over to the stall door quietly. I gave a gental nock on the door, then spoke. "Hey, Lapis. It's me. Can we talk?" I said slowly and quietly. "No." She said loudly. "Fine, you don't have to talk. Just listen." I said, but she gave no response.

     "But you have to let me in first." I stated firmly, but still quietly. "No, not after what you did to me." She said, her voice shaking. I had made up my mind. I am getting in that stall no matter what. "Open the door, or else I will crawl under the stall." It was silent, until I heard the sound of a lock turning. I opened the door and was greeted with Lapis, sitting on the toilet seat, hugging her knees. Her face was buried in her knees as well. I walked over, and knelt down next to her. She tried to scoot away, but I wouldn't let her. I pulled her into a tight hug, trapping her. She tried to pull away and resist, but I was holding her too tightly. Eventually, she gave up. She didn't hug back, but she did stop resisting. Now was as good a time as ever. "Listen Lapis. I know your mad at me. And probably never want to see me again. But you need to understand, your accusing me of something I didn't do. I know you read the diary, and I know you read about Amythest." She tensed up at Amythest's name.

     "But if you would have just took the time to read the date. You would know that I wrote that like two years ago. I'm over Amythest, and I have been for a very long time. I'm in love with you. Nothing will ever change that. I hope you can forgive me one day." I was about to get up and leave, but out of nowhere. Lapis tackled me into a tight hug. I was more shocked than anything, but I then relaxed and hugged back. "Does that mean you forgive me?" I asked, she just chuckled. I guess that's a yes . . .