Jasper

Lapis POV

As I stepped on to the school bus, I turned around only to realize that Peridot was gone. I was worried at first, and I had already jumped to many conclusions. The bus driver snapped me from my thoughts when she yelled at me for not sitting. I continued to worry, until I saw Peridot through the window of the school bus as we peeled around the corner.

'I guess she decided to walk' I thought. The entire way to school I worried if Peridot would be late because she was walking. I've developed a sort of motherly worry for Peridot. Like when my mom used to freak out when I forgot my lunch at home, and then she would drive it all the way up to the school even though I could have just boughten a school lunch. Yah, I've developed that kind of worrying for Peridot.

   We slowly pulled up to the front of the school and I was last out because I was forced to sit in the back because I spent too much time daydreaming about how Peridot might be late. 

I walked to the cafeteria where I normally go in the mornings before the bell rings. I found an empty spot right next to a friend of mine. Her name was Connie. We weren't bff's or anything. I definately wasn't going to sit next to Amythest or Pearl. I could have gone and sat next to Garnet, but she's not much of a talker. I would have sat next to Steven, but I only hang out with him after school because he's a few grades below me. There were plenty of empty seats next to Jasper, but I couldn't be near her after what she did to me.

'Jasper is a story for another time'  I thought as if I were telepathically talking to an audience. 

And then there was Connie, she was actually younger than Steven, but she was so smart that she skipped multiple grades. In my opinion she was a bit of a show off with her tennis practice, her music classes, and her non-stop, unnecessary studying. ( All of you Connie fans out there don't be triggered, keep reading it gets better.) Connie had seen me sit by her, but had said nothing because she was too invested in studying for the test that probably didn't need to be taken until next month or somethin' ridiculous like that. Honestly, she probably wouldn't be how she is if it weren't for her parents. They push her to the limit, and then beyond that. She'd probably be in normal grades and wouldn't have so many restrictions. It's her parents I should be blaming. 

The bell shook me from my trance and I took off toward my first class. Peridot had not entered the cafeteria, so I had assumed that she was late, but upon arriving at my first class I saw her sitting in the back of the  room. I went to get a spot next to her before any one else could, but I was too late, someone got there before me. I ended up sitting on the other side of the room.

I daydreamed for the entire period, but when the bell finally rang, I was the first out of the door. I waited by the entrance for Peridot to leave. When she did finally leave the classroom, I noticed something off about her. Peridot was always the talkative type, and she was being the opposite of that. She didn't even say 'hello' or 'hi' when she left the classroom. She just started jogging/walking to her next class.

I managed to catch up to her before she reached the second period door.
"Peridot, what is the matter with you?"  "First you ditch me on the school bus, then you never show up to the cafeteria, and you won't even say hello to me."  I explained.

Peridot looked as if she were going to throw up, she could barely even speak the one word she did manage to stutter out. "J-jasper." Peridot said in a low, whisper-like tone. I was confused at first, but as studied her face more closely, I realized she was staring behind me. As I shot my head around, I was face to face with the biggest hot-head in the school. All I heard was, "Outta my way runt" before I was slammed to the ground. I remember having my head hit something hard. It was attached to one of the lockers behind me when I was thrown. Thinking back on it now, it was probably a combination lock.

When I opened my eyes, I immediately shut them again. The room was way too bright, and I was having the worst migraine I had gotten all of that year. In the time that I was alone in the room, memories of what had recently occurred flooded through my brain. I don't really care all that much about what happened to me before I blacked out, what I really cared about was what happened to Peridot before I blacked out.

As Lapis lied there on the cold nurce's bed, Peridot was being questioned by multiple teachers and the principle. The cause of this . . . Jasper had received a horrible beating from an unknown new character, and Peridot was the only witness . . .

To be continued . . .

______________________________________
A/N:   So yeah. . . I guess I haven't updated in like 2 weeks. Sorry about that, but I am currently working on a second book, so the next chapter might not be out for a while. And about the second book, none of the parts have been published yet, but I am going to type, edit, and save a bunch of chapters to my drafts so that when I do start publishing the second book, I will be able to update it very often, and have free time to work on this story. So Yay!