An Awkward Christmas pt. 2

Lapis' POV

     All I did was ask a simple question. All Peridot had to do was tell me where she was all day, but she was constantly stuttering and tripping over her words. She must be hiding something.  "Uh . . Peridot, is something wrong?" I asked. Her face immediately drained away, like she was afraid to answer my question. She then began to continue her stuttering session. It went something like this, "Uh, Uh . . You see . . Uh, I . . The thing about that is, uhhhh . . ."

   I gave her one of those looks that said, I know you're lying, tell the truth, or else. That seemed to of scared her enough to make her speak properly. 

     "Uh, I was just at the mall with a friend." said Peridot. I could tell she was lying, but I wasn't going to call her out just yet. "Witch "friend" were you at the mall with?" I asked. That's when the stuttering began again. "Uh, uh . . Um, hold on one s-second . . Uhhhh, Pearl . ." Now I knew she was lying. Pearl hated Peridot for accidentally kissing Amythest, so I doubt that they would be hanging out. I have caught her in a lie, but I want to give her a chance to confess to me.

     "O.k, I believe you." I said emotionlessly. She looked at me shocked, probably because she didn't think I would believe her.

No One's POV

     Peridot left on the 23rd and 24th to mow lawns in different neighborhoods, and she even washed cars for a man named Greg. She got paid 10 dollars for each car, witch put Peridot up another 120 dollars! Lapis grew more and more suspicious every time she left the house. Lapis didn't question where Peridot was, all Lapis wanted was Peridot to tell her the truth on where she was going, and Lapis promised herself that she wouldn't push Peridot to tell the truth. She wanted Peridot to tell the truth all on her own. Peridot had saved up enough money to get Lapis something nice, but here came the hard part. Finding out what to get her. Lapis didn't have last minute problems, because she had gotten Peridot's present in November.

     Finally, the 25th had arrived. Peridot and Lapis woke with cheer in their eyes. They jumped out of bed and started down stairs. Peridot had noticed that Lapis was being distant. Lapis was refusing to speak to Peridot because she hadn't come clean about where she had been going the past few days. They arrived at the tree and Lapis handed Peridot her present, but never made eye-contact. Peridot was starting get worried why Lapis was ignoring her existence. Peridot decided it would be best to stop staring at Lapis with a puzzled look on her face, and open her present. It was a bright green hoodie, with a little green alien head on the front.

    Sure, it was some hoodie from Walmart, but that gift meant the world to Peridot. Now it was time for Lapis' gift. She unwrapped the paper, since it was too thick to rip. She then opened the box, and a gasp was heard. 

     It was a . . . 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N This is a little shorter than the last, but I still need to go pop fireworks with my family, because of this I'm cutting it off a little short. Any way, part three will be out by Tuesday. Happy New Year, Bye!