The Surgery pt.3

No One's POV

     Lapis held Peridot's hand all the way to the surgery room. Lapis told herself over and over in her that Peridot was going to be fine, but she wasn't entirely sure that was true. Peridot was very afraid as well. She had just found the love of her life and she might be taken away. Of course she did have plans to confess to her to just a short time ago, Peridot had no idea that Lapis shared the same feelings. Both Peridot and Lapis thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the doctors voice. "Alright
Ms. Lazuli, if there is anything you would like to say before we go in to surgery. You must do it now. I'll leave for the
moment . . ."

     Lapis was more afraid now than she had ever been. Even more afraid than when she confessed to Peridot. Lapis then turned to Peridot, teary eyed. Peridot was taken back. She knew Lapis cared, but she didn't know Lapis cared that much. For some reason, even after all that just happened, Peridot couldn't process that Lapis really did love her. But nevertheless, Lapis had gotten Peridot's attention.

     "Listen Peridot. I had a dream once that you went into surgery and you didn't come out. I was broken. And I had no idea what I was going to do with out you. But that's not the point. I know we just found out each others feelings and all. But if there is any doubt in your mind that I don't love you. You need to forget that. I don't know what in your life caused you to think that no one would ever love you. But you need to get that thought out of your mind right now. I love you more than anything in this life and the next. I just need to know if you feel the same. And I need to know before you enter that surgery room."  Peridot was touched, Lapis' words always seemed to get to her, but that was not her main concern. Her main concern, was Lapis. Peridot had already blurted out an answer before she could think about it. Her answer, was a kiss. A passionet one, but a little more rough than the last one. This moment seemed to last forever. But when it ended Peridot spoke.

     "I love you more than you will ever know." And with that, the doctor walked in. "Time's up Peridot, we're expecting you in the surgery room."
Peridot's final thoughts before entering the surgery room were,  Stupid doctors . . .always ruining the moment.