Sleeping Partners

Lapis' POV

     I was probably the most happy I had ever been when Peridot asked me if she could move in. But I'm not happy why she did it. My mom means the world to me and I couldn't imagine her being taken away like that. I feel really bad for Peridot, but I noticed that when Peridot was telling me the tragic story of her parents death, she didn't seem to sad or unhappy about it. Weird. Well I'm pretty sure that under these circumstances, the school will give Peridot a few days off to  grieve and such. But I still have to go to school, I'd rather stay home to comfort Peridot. But I have to go to school so I don't get too behind on my school work. Speaking of which, Peridot has piles upon piles of make-up work, that's another reason why I feel bad for her. I'm thinking about this too aggressively. I'm just going to go to sleep, and worry about this tomorrow. But wait. I never thought of where Peridot is going to sleep. I would hate to tell her to sleep on the couch after what she has been through. We don't have a guest room or anything, the house isn't even big enough to fit a guest room. She DEFINATLY isn't sleeping in my parent's room or the floor. That only leaves my bed. The thought made me blush immensely. And at that very moment, Peridot walked out of the bathroom. "So Lapis, where do I sleep?"

     Out of all the questions Peridot could have asked!

"Uh, uh. You can sleep on uh . . ."
Peridot cut me off after that. "I can just sleep on the couch if you like." She offered, not breaking eye-contact. I didn't want to let her sleep on the couch, but it seems I don't have much of a choice. "Ya . . . sounds good. I'll see you in the morning." I called to her. She nodded, told me good night, and then headed of down the stairs to the couch. Now I knew that every one was settled in, and I could finally drift off to sleep. Which is exactly what I did. But then, about 2 and a half hours later I woke up to use the bathroom. I left the room and went down the hall. I guess someone was in the upstairs bathroom because it was locked. So that means I had to go to the downstairs bathroom. So I walked down stairs, and as I was walking to the bathroom. I passed the couch where there was a sleeping Peridot. I looked down at her and she looked really uncomfortable. Her legs were hanging off the couch and she looked as if she were about to fall of the couch itself. Me and my mom weren't the richest people in the world, so all of our furniture was pretty worn down, cheap, and down right uncomfortable. She was also shivering like crazy. I could not stand for this . . . I knelt down, picked her up bridal style, and carried her upstairs to my room. I then laid her down on the opposite side that I slept on and then I pulled the covers over her all the way up to her chin. Afterward I went to the bathroom, and by the time I got back, she was snuggled up . . . on my side. I didn't Wang tonwake her, so just hopped under the covers on the opposite side if her and then tried to back to sleep. I was slowly drifting off to sleep, when something engulfed the right side of my body. I looked over my shoulder, and there lied Peridot. I was blushing madly, thank god Peridot wasn't awake to see it. And that's when Peridot started rolling over in her sleep. She rolled over right on top of me! Although, I was completely fine with situation we were in. But I was going to have to move her anyway because I don't think my mom would be too happy to walk in and see the position we were in. So I used my back to push her off of me. But there was one part of her that remained on me. I started screaming internally. PERIDOT'S BREAST IS ON MY FACE!!! What do I do!? What do I do!? What do I do!?

There was only one thing I could think to do. I was going to have to wake her up and then immediately pretend to be asleep again. This was the only thing I could think to do because if I tried to move her breast, I would risk waking her up, and then she would think that I did I it on purpose. I'd rather not go through that. I gently poked her stomach, and to my surprise . . . sh woke up. I shut my eyes quickly and pretended to be asleep. I heard her gasp because she obviously saw the position she was in. She quickly moved to the other side of the bed. I opened one of my eyes in order to see if she was going back to sleep. But instead . . . we made u contact. "L-lapis! How long have you been awake!?" Peridot said frantically. I tried to think of an excuse for why I woke up and how long I had been awake, but it was no use. I had to come clean. "I-I've been awake for a while actually." After I said that, Peridot looked absolutely mortified. "Does that mean you were awake when my brea-" I cut Peridot off before she could finish her sentence. "Yes, I was." She looked even more scared now, and then she frantically tried to prove herself innocent. "I swear I wasn't trying anything! I was just sleeping, and then I rolled over. And, well . . . you know what happened next. But I swear I was sleeping! A-a-and-" I cut Peridot off and began to ensure her she did nothing wrong. "It's o.k. I know you were asleep. You weren't intentionally rolling over." After that it was silent. I don't think either of us got any sleep for the rest of that night.