Chapter 34- dan

Começar do início

"Do you want me to be one of your friends?" She teases, walking towards me. I feel the air become hotter and before I know it I'm running.

Seconds later I am out of the door, with the slut tagging along behind me. Drake is still inside the house. Well, I've decided I'm not staying here any longer so I hop into my car, pulling away before Tia can grab me.

...

I drive to the nearest pub in west Kirby, and sit in the bar, alone. There are many men around who I don't recognise and it's not the same as the familiar pub down my road in Holmes chapel that me and my old mates used to hang out in.

I order a beer and take out my phone. I've got a new message. I open it up and find it's an unknown number. I wonder who it could be? I read it out.

'Hello Harry,

I've finally been let out of prison after two years being locked up.

I'm never going to be the same after what you did to me.

I think the only way I can get back at you is revenge.

You should've seen it coming.

I know where you live.

I know where you work.

And I know where you are.

My phone tracks you.

However, you know who else I know where they are?

Your sweet, little brother, Finn.

I know he's at caldy right now.

I never stopped following you and your wretched, messed up family.

I've been travelling for hours.

I'm half an hour away.

I'm coming.

Dan'

Suddenly my body freezes. He's coming back. My worst enemy is coming back. Dan holloway is his name. He used to be my best friend all through primary school, and high school. Until I met Emma... We started to meet up, all three of us, and it became obvious that Dan had feelings for Emma, but she was always closer to me. His jealousy started to build up and It was then I realised the hatred that Dan contained for people, and I didn't like it. Ever since that drunken night I kissed her, Dan has hated me, and swore that he would make my life hell.

...

I don't reply to the message, but instead I run straight out of the pub and out onto the street, scouring the road for my car. I run to the end of the road where it's parked and hop in, starting the ignition. It revs but doesn't go. I twist the key again. Still nothing. I press on the pedal for all its worth until eventually, it starts to go. I sigh in relief. I can't have anything happening to Finn, even if he is trying to steal my Molly.

I zoom down the roads at twice the speed limit. I would normally stop and check these sorts of things but right now, that is the last thing on my mind. I have to find Finn... And Molly! If Molly is with Finn at this point then she could be seriously harmed too! This would all be my fault! What would I say to Sonia?!

Hastily, I pull into caldy and pull up to the road. I can see Molly's face near the body of an older man with his hood up. He quickly turns around and my eyes widen, my breathing quickening and my heart racing. That, standing in front of Molly, is my most dreaded enemy. I can't see Finn anywhere but I can certainly see the outline of Molly under the street lamps. I can feel my hands grappling onto the steering wheel so hard that it could brake. I try to calm down, but there is no way. I resist the urge to get out of the car and chase after Dan, as much as I want to.

Suddenly, he turns around and his blue eyes meet mine. For a minute he looks a bit shocked and taken aback, maybe even a little scared at me. I remember how nice they used to be, how they used to glow whenever was played his favourite game and hung out by my tree in the summer. Things were better back then...

However, shock soon turns to anger and his slight smile turns into a deep frown, and I'm sure mine does also as he takes off down the street.

I can just about catch the words "This isn't over, styles!" And I growl in the back of my throat, shaking my head. This isn't even a dream, it's reality. One of my reoccurring nightmares. It takes a while before Molly and what I think is Finn, emerge from behind the school wall. I think Finn has a football on his head and what is that Molly's wearing? Finn's t-shirt?! I soon notice that Finn isn't even wearing a top! Now normally, I would be so jealous right now, but the jealousy is replaced with anger, and anger is my source of hatred.

I hear some whispering between Finn and molly but I don't take any notice of it, instead I keep my eyes locked on the white dot bobbing down the road. I know he's not finished with me, and I'm definitely not finished with him either.

"Harry?" I pick up Molly's whispering words and they seem so worried, so full of hurt, that almost snap out of my angry state and tell her everything. However, my mind won't let me do that so I keep my mouth shut, just as always. I guess I have nothing to say that will make the situation better. And, after past experiences, I've found that saying things can lead to problems that keeping it shut would get you out of... Let's think... For example, dan?

I look in the mirror to see Finn and Molly talking and I scowl. One bad thing after another. I pull away hard, making me and everyone else jolt back in their seat. I want to get out of here, fast. I don't want anyone following me home...