Chapter 30- does he know?

It's Tuesday, the day of the disco, and my whole form is buzzing. I chuck my bags down on the table and head out of the form room, going to my locker to get my chemistry book for françoirs to copy the homework. I know that Harry says that you can't copy and that it's cheating but I'm a nice friend, I even let Josie and heather revise from my test when they had theirs that day. You know, sometimes I'm so nice that it becomes mean. Now they'll feel like they've cheated.

"Hello, Molly" the familiar voice comes from behind me as I try to open my locker, and Harry peeks his head out from behind the locker.

"Oh, hi Harry" I haven't seen Harry since yesterday, especially as he hasn't been sleeping at ours anymore. My mum was only working late that week because her friend was ill. Now she's back to normal times and Finn and Harry have gone back to their house. Finn still gets my bus. Harry picks him up from the spar in upton.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks me and I start to unravel my secret to my own chemistry teacher before stopping.

"Oh, just getting my books for the next few lessons" I lie. I only have my chemistry book in here and that's because I didn't have space in my bag. We have chemistry first lesson and I needed to get it out anyway.

"Well, I was wondering if you could come with me a second, Molly. I've got an experiment I've been working on for months and, well, I'd like to show you it" he grins and I totally forget about françoirs and the chemistry homework. I nod and Harry leads me along the long corridor and into b15. I gasp as I see the amount of tubes and bubbly liquid dancing around places. Seeing my face, Harry's smile grows wider.

"Do you want to see what it is?" He asks me and I nod again, not quite able to get the amazed words out. He walks over to the farthest bottle and takes it out, putting a stopper on the tube that was leading into it. Looking back at me, he strolls over again, the flask in his hand. There is a green, fizzing liquid in the bottom of it.

"What is it?" I ask, inspecting the flask. He smiles at me, closing his eyes momentarily. I watch as the liquid bubbles and makes a small hissing sound. Is it meant to do that?

"Well, you know how you were trying to do a love potion but it didn't work, right?" He asks and I nod slowly, already concerned at where this is going. I raise my eyebrows as he pours some of the substance into a glass, laying it down on the table.

"Well, I kinda tried making my own" he grins, pointing to the glass. I beam at him and pick it up. The liquid slowly starts to settle.

"Who are you going to try this out on?" I ask him and he looks up, a smile on his face.

"I was kinda thinking your mum, maybe?" He says, kind of hoping that I will approve. This will be funny when she falls in love with the postman then! If it works, that is.

"Can I try a bit?" I pick up the glass, bringing it to my lips. It smells of lime and I am just about to take a sip before Harry quickly snatches it off me. I look at him puzzled. Is there something wrong?

"Stop it! It's very strong! I tried some.... We don't want anything bad happening" he lectures me and I look down. Wait, he tried some? What happened? Did it work?

"Wait, you tried some?!" I ask, concerned. Who did he end up falling for? A pang of jealousy rings through my bones and my body tightens. When did he try this?

"Yes, I did" he replies, nodding his head as if nothing is wrong.

"You tried some?! What happened? When?!" I ask, a little surprised with his confession. I am frowning now, I look around the room for any evidence of who he might of fallen for, not that there would be any but just to se he hasn't written all over the walls.