Chapter 32

I turned the envelope over a few times. Would it do anyone any good to open it? Could I just ignore his letter all together or would that be considered rude? Probably...  Sighing, I picked up a knife and opened it. 

Dear Anna

Please don't ignore my letters. It would mean a lot to me if you would answer  this one.

I want to apologise for the things I said to you. Please know that I think you are a wonderful person -not a monster, never a monster- and that I never intended to hurt you. I know I behaved like an idiot, but if you would allow me, I'd like to be your idiot. My feelings towards you haven't changed. I am still in love with you. I miss you and I would very much like it if you came back home.

If you don't feel the same anymore just tell me. Maybe we can try to be friends again, just friends. I'd rather have you in my life as a friend than not at all. Think about it, please?

Love

-Charlie

Great. What am I supposed to answer to that? Why does he always know what to write to make me doubt myself again? Oh right, because then he has time to think instead of just opening his big mouth. 

Instead of dealing with the letter now and grant Charlie a response, I decided to do what I do best. Postponing. Nothing good will come of it if I write a reply without actually thinking it through. Besides, I should be focusing on the job. Dumbledore, moronic as he may be, hasn't hired me to worry about silly things like boyfriends. In addition to that I also have a standing meet-up with Angelina. I am not going to give her hope on something and then at the same time look elsewhere. I should probably tell her about Charlie. She has a right to know that I'm not emotionally available, at least not fully. She's a lovely girl and anyone ought to be thrilled at the thought of being with her, but I just can't. It wouldn't be fair towards her, nor to Charlie. We might have split up, but we still care for each other. I can't figure out most of my feelings, but this I can admit; I still care for Charlie, be it as a friend or more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Time passed without much commotion. The lessons were still far too boring to get my full attention. Hardly anyone needed help now that I made it a point that I don't do gossip. The few students who still dared to open their mouths ended up losing five point per question asked. As a teacher-assistent, I am allowed to under set my authority by docking points and handing out detentions. That quickly diminished the curiosity amongst the students. It's only normal that they ought to respect my privacy, it's not like they demand to know Minnie's love life now, do they? No, therefore they shouldn't try to peer in mine.

Soon enough, Saturday arrived and with it my date with Angelina.  

As I waited for Angelina to arrive in the entrance hall, I noticed people staring at me and whispering. Stupid kids. Why don't they just mind their own damn business? Honestly, it's not as if I pry into their lives, why do they think they can in mine? My internal ramble came to a stop as she arrived, a beautiful angel.

"Hey, Anna." She greeted as got closer. My eyes gave her a once over before I responded. 

"Hello, lovely. Ready to go?" 

And off we were. As we walked down the path towards Hogsmeade, I felt her slip her hand in mine. I looked at it than at her. There was a small, shy smile playing at her lips as she returned my gaze. As a response, I pulled her hand up with mine and gave it a kiss. Afterwards, I let it down again and entwined our fingers even further. Angelina was so cute during this little moment. She looked gobsmacked as I brought up her hand, then amazed as I kissed it and now she blushes an adorable red.

It was different from what I expected it to be. I figured she'd be this tomboy kind of girl by the way she stands on the quidditch field, tall and confident. In other words, she always looked hot. Now though, she's adorable. This is lovely indeed, but less what I imagined. I liked seeing this side of her.

When we finally arrived in Hogsmeade, we headed to Honeydukes. The sweetshop really has everything you could possibly want, along with what you don't want... As Angelina finished drooling over some pumpkin pastries, I took some and went to pay for them at the counter. Once payed, they went into my bag. I'd hand them to Angie later.

Our next stop was at the Three Broomsticks. I needed to talk to her but this really wasn't the best place to do it. Instead of securing us some seats, I turned to her.

"Would you mind if I ordered some butterbeers to go? We could go sit outside. We won't be able to talk to one another in here with all the ruckus the younger years always make."

"No, that's fine."

I smiled at her before moving closer towards the bar and getting the drinks.

She looked nervous as I lead her to a small field close to the Shrieking Shack. This made me wonder what she was expecting of this date. Was she thinking I would try to push her to take things further because I'm older? Is it her first date with a girl? Did she expect this to grow into a real relationship? So many questions flooded my mind and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with them.

"Everything alright, Angel?" I asked as I rubbed soothing circles on her hand with my thumb. She nodded though her smile seemed uncertain.

We sat down and drank a bit of our drinks. It's now or never. She deserves to know that I can't be in a serious relationship right now.

"I wanted to talk to you about something... I don't know how you envisioned this, us, but you need to know that I've recently broken up with my boyfriend. He still sends me letters though I haven't responded to them. However, I don't think I'm ready to be in a serious relationship right now. I don't want to hurt you, but I thought you should know ... I totally understand if you don't want to continue this with what I just told you. I just felt like you deserved to know..."

Angelina was quiet for a second, though she didn't seem to disappointed. In fact, it seemed as if a weight had just dropped from her shoulders. Then out of nowhere she chuckled. I tilted my head at her in confusion until she explained.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I was kind of hoping you would say something like that. You see, I like you, I do, but you're an adventure to me. You're the first girl I've ever went on a date with. I always thought I might be bi, but I hadn't had any experience with girls. This date showed me that I like it just as much as dates with guys. I do want this to continue, but maybe casual? I would love it if we made a kind of arrangement, cause I like you, I'm just not in love with you."

This time it was me who chuckled.

"What about friendship? We go out like this, you can ask me about anything and everything and when you need someone to hold you or kiss you, you come to me. Of course, the more intimate stuff would be optional and only until one of us falls for someone else. What do you think?"

She smiled and nodded. "I'd like that."

"Good. Seal it with a kiss?"

she chuckled again and drew closer, meeting me in the middle. The kiss was different from what I had with Charlie. It was fun, but there weren't any butterflies, it was just fun. Afterwards, I saw Angie beaming a megawatt smile. I looked at her funnily until she giggled.

"Sorry, I just had my first kiss with a girl." She giggled some more as I laughed. Soon she joined in.