Chapter 11

Siriana POV
After that awkward moment we talked about random subjects. I still felt a bit uneasy as Charlie hadn't seemed quite honest when he said his mother must have misunderstood his letters. If you don't know him that well, you would have believed him but there was something in his eyes that showed his dishonesty. I haven't told Charlie about my doubts though. I don't want our relationship to change, I am happy just the way we are now. Charlie must know already that I can read him this easily, but he also knows I don't want anything to change. We're friends who love eachother and are affectionate with one another. That's it. We're not in love with eachother. I think...

We stayed for dinner but left quickly afterwards, I had a feeling Charlie was trying to avoid Bill. Every time Bill made motion to come talk to us, Charlie moved. Bill didn't seem fazed though. He just smirked. I quess Bill also noticed Charlie's bit of lying earlier. Well maybe lying is a bit hard, maybe he just doesn't know how he feels. Maybe it's a crush. If it's only crush then there is no need to worry. He'll get over it soon enough. Perhaps that's why he doesn't want to talk to Bill about it.

When we got home, we were still a bit tense. I've never been in this kind of situation before and by the looks of it, neither has Charlie.
"Do you want a drink? I could do with some firewhiskey, what about you?" I asked as to break the awkward silence we were in. He smiled and nodded.
"Me too."
After a few bottles, the tension was gone and we were laughing like we normally do before stumbling upstairs. We stripped and got in the bed and after only a few kisses fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up alone. Charlie must have gone to work already. I don't mind though. I need a little me-time. Well actually I don't, but I think Charlie needs some time for him and I want a distraction. Therefore I'll just go shopping. Normally, I hate shopping but I have to get Harry a birthday present. So off to Diagon Alley!

Eventually I bought Harry a full quidditch set: a quaffle, two bludgers, a snitch and two beater bats. That way he can play quidditch with his friends during the vacation. Also I decided to buy myself some extra clothing. Dad has made some comments on the lack of colour of my outfits so I decided to make a change. I got myself a range of different t-shirts in a variety of colours and even a few dresses. Okay I bought only one dress and it was black but still, I did buy one didn't I? I even bought some high heels. If Dad isn't happy with my outfits now, I don't know when he will be!

I also went to some muggle shops to give Charlie a surprise tonight, momentarily forgetting yesterday's tension. I bought some interesting sets of lingerie. Let's hope he likes it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie's POV
When I woke up this morning, I gave Anna a soft kiss on her head before getting dressed and going to work. She seems so peaceful when she's sleeping. Then I remembered yesterday. Why did my mother have to say those things? Why can't Siriana be honest to herself and admit she's in love with me as well? Why is everything so damn hard? The answer is that I don't know. Mum has been waiting for years for me to bring home a girl and I quess she could read between the lines to see that I have indeed fallen for Anna. She didn't have to announce it so publically though. I don't need Anna to have any panick attacks. It's rather funny how much being in love and being a couple scares her. She seems to think it will be so much different than how things are now but it will not. We already give eachother so called 'pet-names', we already live together, we do almost everything together, we sleep together, we have sex, we kiss ... we're more than just friends. We're also more than friends with benefits. If we were just that than we wouldn't say 'I love you' to one another. Then we wouldn't hold hands every time we went out. Then we wouldn't act like we do. If only she could see that.

At work, I teamed up with Jared to go tend to the new arrivals. He's my best mate at the institute and if I can't talk to Siriana about something, I'll tell him. Which usually means I'll talk to him about her. In return he tells me about Amelia, a girl that recently joined us and tends to the younger dragons. Today however he noticed I needed someone to listen to me.

"Hey man, what's up?" He inquired upon seeing me. I sighed but answered anyway.
"I took her home to meet my family." I didn't need to tell him who I was referring to, he already knew.
"Okay so what haappened?" He invited me to explain. I ran a hand through my hair, a stupid habit of mine, before telling him the whole thing. He already knows I'm in love with Anna so that wont come as a shock to him.

"Mum told Anna that I'm in love with her. Then, as if that isn't enough, she asked her if she returned the sentiments. She, on the edge of having a panick-attack, turned to me to tell her that my mother was wrong and that I am not in love with her at all. Of course, she knows when I'm lying. So now there is this awkward tension 'cause she doesn't want to talk about it or even admit that she knows I was lying and to make it bare able we drank fire whiskey until we couldn't pronounce a syllable anymore and went to bed like that, leaving me with a horrible hangover."

"Wow, that's quite a lot."

"Oh, there's more. Mum decided to announce this love of mine infront of my siblings so now they are going to be nagging me about it and when I denied her statement, Bill smirked at me. He knows I'm lying and he wont stop until I admit it and I don't want to do that to him."

Jared gave me an understanding look and patted my shoulder.
"It'll be fine. Trust me. She'll come to her senses and your brother will give up. It's all going to turn out right." With that last statement we started to actually do our job and only spoke every once in a while. It was nice to be able to speak what's on your mind without it having huge consequences.

At the end of the day, I came home to find Anna had gone shopping. Which is strange 'cause she hates shopping. But it seemed to have had good effect on her. She greeted me like most days with a quick kiss before quiding me to the kitchen where she had stalled out chinese take out. I smiled as I thought to myself how I love this amazing girl with no cooking skills.