Chapter 18

Unfortunately for me, my wingwoman duties came earlier than exspected. The funny thing is that they came from the other partie.

"Anna, wake up. Anna?" I tried to hit the hands that were shaking me away but it was to no avail.
"I'll be up in a sec, Char, just let me sleep..." I mumbled though smothered by my pillow.
"Char?" My mind cleared up to make me realise that this person was not Charlie, but my Dad.

"What d'you need, Daddy?"
Dad was hovering over me with a nervous expression. He was shaking a little and his eyes were frantically scanning the area.
"I - you ... you and Remus are up to something and now he's avoiding me and I need to know what you two are talking about. Tell me!"
"Well aren't you curious? Why do you think we're up to something?"
"Perhaps because you came with us instead of apparating eventhough you hate mornings."

He has a point.

"Do I need to go and get Remus so you two can finally talk about your feelings? I would love it if you'd say yes right now. Please let me help you." I pleaded.
Dad opened and closed his mouth a few times, ran a hand through his hair, looked at his feet and then sat down beside me.

"What if he doesn't feel the same way? He's my best mate. I don't even know if he could be interested, he could just be straight. What do I do then?"
"Just talk to him! I'm sure it'll be fine." I couldn't surpress my grin as I said that.
"You know something. Tell me! What did he tell you? Come on, I'm your father!"
He made me laugh.
"Easy there, loverboy. I'll go get your other half. Just wait here."
He made a sound of protest but I shushed him.

The tent was empty except for us. Where the hell am I supposed to find Remus now, Huh?

"Oi, twins! Have you seen Remus?" I walked up to Charlie's brothers. Their heads shot up and they seemed surprised to see me. Perhaps I should socialize more often.
"He was talking to Dad." One said. I think it was Fred. I've started to notice small differences between the two of them.
George pointed me in the right direction.
"Thanks."

Remus was indeed talking to Arthur when I got there. It was still way too early for the game to start so everyone was at ease. That won't last long.

"Hey, can I steal Remus? He's needed."
"Sure, I'll see you in a while." Arthur smiled at me, which I returned before focusing my gaze on Remus.
"Remmy, there's a man waiting for you to talk to him in the tent. Come on, don't leave him hanging. This is the moment!" He didn't return my enthusiastic squeeling, instead he stood frozen.

"Rem? Remmy? You okay? Your lovelife is about to take off. You can do this. I'm here for you. Dad wants to talk to you. He's making the first move. It's your turn now." I tried to convince him. Instead of showing any signs of understanding he gaped at me.

"Oh come on, Remus. Now is not the time to make me doubt your Gryffindor qualities! Get those legs working and make them go back to the tent! The star to your moon is so close that you can almost see its shine. Please just go! I want you two to be happy and the only way that's gonna happen is when you go to my Dad and snog him senseless and you have to that right now!"

Remus' face flushed. "Siriana, really? Keep your voice down! No one needs to hear anything about snogging!" He whispershouted. I grinned in response as an idea lit my mind.

"You do realise I can just keep talking about your secret desires louder and louder, right? Of course, I wouldn't do that if you'd have a chat with a certain someone who may or may not be related to me." I could say my smile was innocent but then I'd be lying. It was a smug one as I knew I had him. He tried to use the puppy dog eyes on me but it didn't work. I own that look, no one can use it against me, Charlie being an exception.

"Fine, I give in. Take me to him, but don't you dare leave me. You're to stick by my side until I ask otherwise. Promise me." Remus said as a final need of reassurance. I nodded and hooked my arms with his, wouldn't want him to run off now would we?

It didn't take us long to get back to the tent. I pushed Remus in first, then followed.

Dad was still in the same spot as where I left him, though I don't think he stayed seated the entire time.

"Hey Daddy, look who I brought?" I swear my smile couldn't have been any bigger. Dad tried to look cool, failing miserably. It was so obvious he wasn't in his element 'cause he started using James' old tricks. Meaning he messed up his hair, bad, and then tried to give a dazzling smile which came out forced. Not that Remus noticed, no he was too busy surpressing his own nerves to notice any of his surroundings.

"Let's talk, shall we? And by 'we', I mean you." I began. Both men looked at me as if I had gone nuts but settled down anyway.

Neither man made eye-contact or any implication to want to share something. Which is my cue to lead the conversation.

"So anyone feel like sharing something? Dad? Remus? Otherwise I'll be doing the sharing on your behaves... I don't mind..."
This did cause a reaction. One of panic. Yet, they still didn't talk. Quess I'll have to show them I don't do empty threats.

"Fine. All I really need to say is that you are both hella gay for eachother and would probably like to shag." Remus flushed at my statement while Dad smiled but with a pink tinge to his cheeks.

"If you two aren't planning on participating in this conversation, I would be happy to share some funny stories. Like that time you, my beloved father, behaved like a teenager while moaning about your possible unrequited love from Remus. Or I could tell you about the long growing love Remmy here has been feeling for the last two decades. Please tell me what you'd enjoy most."

"I would love to hear about deor old Moony's feelings." Dad finally piped up glancing over at a beet red Remus. I laughed but before I could launch the story, its owner intervened.

"I'd rather hear about the teenage like moaning if you don't mind."

"Well, how about you two tell eachother over a candle lit dinner? I'm sure Molly wouldn't mind letting Harry stay over in case your evening would end in the bedroom. What do you say?"

Dad grinned while Remus flushed even harder.

"Sounds good, Pup. If it's okay with you Moony?"
"Fine by me, Pads."

"Great! Now you two are happily in love, I'll go out and find Charlie. He is bound to arrive around this time anyway. Besides, I think you two have loads to talk about." I gave a wink and exited the tent, off to find my own boyfriend.