Chapter 10

After Dad and Remus' visit things went well. They sent me loads of letters but didn't turn up without warning again. Thank goodness for that!
Now there was only one thing worrying me anymore. Most things were going perfectly fine, wormtail escaping as an exception, but Charlie had come home with the same request as he had put in one of his letters a while ago. Would I be okay with meeting his family?

Okay, perhaps most people wouldn't see this as something to worry about but bare with me. I've never ever met anyone's family but my own. Also, if I meet his family, what will they exspect of me? Bill has seen me as the more than comfy roommate, Ron has heard first hand of me kissing Charlie, Percy probably thinks I'm some antisocial pureblood b*tch who thinks she's too good for the ordinary, Fred and George ... Merlin knows what they must thinks of me and well I've never actually really been introduced to Ginny. Then you have his parents, I met them when I was an infant but I doubt they'll remember that. I also wonder what Charlie has told his family about me. He obviously mentioned me enough to his parents for me to get a Weasley jumper. The only question remains: what did he tell them we were?
He can't have been that daft to have told them the truth but I know Charlie and he isn't keen on lying to his family either...

So who am I supposed to be?
Am I just the roommate? Am I his best friend? Am I more than his friend? What do they exspect?

The time to ponder about all of this seemed to have gone by faster than I had exspected. I had promised to meet them in the week before Harry's birthday 'cause we'd be sure to have both our families together that day and wanted to have the awkwardness out of the way. I don't know what I was thinking, now I can't even pester Remus in helping me out on this matter.

That week would be now. I tried my best to look good for his family but come on! I can't look all smiley-miley lovey-dovey! I wear black clothes with some gray mixed inbetween. Mothers don't want their sons to hang out with girls like me. I look like bad news.
I decided to put on my black shorts and a gray top. The necklace Charlie gave me last year added some colour and I made sure my hair matched it. I even put on a pair of ordinary sneakers instead of my combat boots. When Charlie saw me fidgetting with my clothes he had grinned. Seriously, not nice! After his mockery of my all too obvious nerves, he took my hand and apparated us to The Burrow.

Right before we entered he turned to look at me.
"Ready?" He asked as he rubbed soothing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. I bit my lip and nodded. With one last smile he opened the door.

Whatever I thought was going to happen this was not it.

Mrs Weasley practically ran in from the kitchen while screaming "They're here! They're here!". When she finally reached us she hugged Charlie then looked at me, smiled and hugged me as well. When she finally let go of me I felt my lungs fill with their needed supply of oxygen again. That women puts more strenght in her hugs than my Dad and Remus put together. I quickly glanced at Charlie to see him holding back a laugh. The moment his mother turned her back on us, I wacked him on the head. How dare he laugh at my discomfort? He's supposed to be the sweeter one out the two of us. He let out a small yelp but not loud enough to alarm his mother.

She led us to the living room where the rest of the family was seated and the reactions were all at once. Ron had kept his promise and hadn't told anyone my full name which now lead to confusion. There was a mixture of "Malfoy?!", "Anna?" And "June?" ... I quess I should have thought about the name issue as well. I smiled sheepishly and cleared my throat. Before I could explain though, mr Weasley cut in.
"Did someone just say Malfoy?" He glanced at me questionably and I took that as my cue to introduce myself.

"Uhm hello everyone, I probably should give you my full name to prevent further confusion." I glanced at Charlie who gave me a reassuring smile and then I went on. "Okay, my name is Siriana June Jamie Rema Lucy Andromeda Dorea Charlotte Malfoy-Black. My father is Sirius Black and my late mother's name was June Malfoy. Friends and family get to call me Anna as I think that Siriana is quite long... so uhm yeah that should clear things up..." I trailed of and went to sit next to Charlie. He smiled at me and subtly put his arm around me. Everyone seemed to be okay with my family, kinda, but Mrs Weasley obviously had something on her mind. She seemed deep in thought until she finally shared with the group.

"Didn't your father have a goddaughter named Anna? Or is that you or?" She inquiered. My face lit up. She rememberes me!
"Yes that would be me. My parents thought it wouldn't be safe to tell people who I really was so they covered it up. But then Mom got killed and things got more complicated... so Dad came up with the goddaughter story to keep people from asking to much questions. James and Remus were actually assigned as my godfathers." This caused the youngest Weasley to speak up.
"Wait, do you mean professor Lupin is your godfather?" I smiled at her and nodded.
"Yup, Remus John Lupin, the best DADA prof Hogwarts ever had, is my godfather." I beamed as I spoke of Remus.

We talked for some more about my family before the subject shifted to Charlie and I, together.

"So Anna, you and Charlie have known eachother for a long time now, eh?" Mrs. Weasley asked. I nodded and she went on.
"He has written me loads about you," next to me I could feel Charlie's body tense. "His letters have made it clear to me that you are very dear to him... any chance you return the sentiments?" My eyeballs practically bulged from their sockets as Charlie grunted out a frustrated "MUM!!!" While his siblings seemed to find it all very entertaining. I just sat there, frozen for a moment. My hair had turned white from shock. She wasn't asking me if I fancied Charlie now was she? She couldn't be, I must have understood wrong.
"Excuse me, what exactly is it that you are asking?" Charlie groaned as he put his flushed face in his hands.
"I uh just wondered if there is a chance for you two to become a couple over time? He obviously likes you, it's your feelings that make the decision." I opened my mouth to say something, then closed it again and furrowed my eyebrows.
"Uhm I think something went wrong during your communication, right Char? You would've told me if you were experiencing that kind of emotions, right?" I looked to Charlie who finally lifted his head out of his hands to look at me.

Charlie POV
I looked up to see panick in her eyes. She would never admit it but she has commitment issues. She doesn't allow herself to fall in love. I've asked her before if she's ever been in love with anyone and she told me she hadn't and that she wasn't planning on it either. It broke my heart. She loves me, I know she does she has told me more than once. She's only afraid to be in love, to be vulnerable. She doesn't understand that we already behave like a couple. And if I would tell her I had fallen for her, she'd probably be scared as hell. She may act tough but she's only a fragile girl who had to take care of herself after her family fell apart when she was only five years old.

"Charlie?" She asked again as I hadn't answered. Her eyes were scanning my face for reassurance and I knew what she needed to hear.
"Of course something went wrong through the letters, otherwise I would've told you." She immediatly relaxed a bit but not fully. She was studying me. Somewhere inside that brilliant mind of her, she knew I was lying and it scares the sh*t out of her which is why she chooses to ignore it. From the other side of the room I could see Bill smirking. He can, just like Anna, read me like a book and right now that's the last thing I need.

Hello everyone! How was that? Do you like Charlie's POV or should I never write from it again? Let me now!
Lots of Love, misschiefmanaged