Chapter 19

Turns out I didn't have to look for Charlie. The lad had already been on his way to me. We're on the same track of mind, everytime we know the other is supposed to be around somewhere  we go to find them.

"Anna! Why did you go with the early group? I thought you'd come with me?", Charlie said upon finally reaching me.
"Remus needed me. Don't worry though, I'm all yours now."
"Good! I can't let anyone steal my girlfriend!" He grinned as he said the word 'girlfriend'. Quess I'm not the only one who's still getting used to it.

"Does your girlfriend get a kiss anytime soon?" I inquiered with a playful smile as my most prominent feature. He let out a short laugh before leaning in. He barely touched my lips before pulling back. The tease! Deciding to take matters in own hands, I pulled him down to my height and locked our lips again. My eyes fluttered shut and my mind went blank except for one thing, the feeling of Charlie's lips on mine. He gently nipped me for entrance before slipping his tongue in and exploring my mouth. I smiled as he did so. Charlie is the best kisser on the entire planet!

A group of gents started wolfwhistling which we took as our cue to break apart. Laughing I let my eyes roam the  area to see who exactly had been enjoying the show, only to see it were some foreigners. I doubt they'll tell our family.

We walked around for a bit before going back to the tent. We were all supposed to meet up for lunch.

Upon entering the tent, I noticed everyone was already there. You had Bill and Ginny chatting away, Percy who was reading a book. Then you also had Fred and George speaking in hushed whispers. Remus was talking to Arthur but his lips were a little swollen so I quess he and Dad worked everything out. Speak of the devil, Dad was seated next to Harry who in turn sat next to Ron followed by Hermione.

The way they had chosen to sit only left two empty spots which sadly weren't next to eachother. Charlie went to the spot next to Bill as I sat down in between Dad and one of the twins, George I think. The latter immediatly greeted me with a smile as he turned a little to be face to face. His twin also leaned more towards me. I didn't miss nor like the misschievous glint in their eyes.

"So, who's the boyfriend?" They asked in perfect sync. I cringed and threw them a look. What did they not understand when I told them Dad didn't know. The man is right next to me. They could atleast try to keep their voices down.

"A friend of Charlie, he lives in Romania you wouldn't know him. Can you pass me the butterbeer?" I tried to get them off topic. Their grins showed me it wasn't working.
"What's his name?" Fred asked. I pondered this for a second before spitting out the first name that came to mind. "Jared". They nodded.

"Charlie?" They said as they turned to their brother. Charlie's head shot up as he heard his name.
"Yeah?"
"D'you have a friend named Jared?" They asked.
"Yes, why?"
"Is he dating anyone?"
"No, but he's pining after this girl, Amelia. She joined the institute a while back but hasn't really shown a lot of intrest in him. Why d'you ask?"

By this time I had put my head in my hands. Why couldn't those damn redheaded twins let it go!

"Well," a twin started, " Siriana here, has a boyfriend." I could see Remus tense and my Dad choke in his food. "And she said it was a friend of yours named Jared."
"I hardly think that is true, she would've told me." Charlie said as he also noticed we had some more listeners. I picked in and tried to make it more believable.
"Yes, I would've told Charlie. He's my best friend. Why would I date Jared? He's like my brother." The twins gave me a strange look after this statement. Understandable 'cause I'm not making much sense to them.
"Then why would you say so to us?"
"I was trying to get that Hufflepuff kid off my back and then you two showed up. I wasn't in the mood to defend myself so I lied and Jared was the first guy to pop into mind."
They nodded but still seemed a little dissatisfied. Bill had been listening as well and seemed to find it highly entertaining.

"So you're single, right?" He asked. I nodded, not knowing what he was aiming at. His smirk widened and he continued.
"Would you like to go out on a date with me?"

The reaction was huge. Dad glared at Bill, while Remus tried to give Dad and I both a reprimanding look. Charlie was balling his fist and looked ready to murder his older brother while Fred and George were watching it all unfold.

"No, I'd rather not. Sorry." I answered, mainly to get everyone back to normal. I took a hold of Charlie's hand under the table and made soothing circles on it with my thumb.
"Why not? You're single, I'm single. Why do you not want to go out with me?" He kept on smirking. He knew he was making Charlie pissed, I think it's his main goal.
"I'm just not that into you. You're a nice guy but I don't have any romantic feelings towards you whatsoever. I hope we can let this rest now."
"No, I want to know what you are interested in. Clearly it's not that you have anything against red hair or my family, you seem to like Charlie well enough... so tell me what is it that you like in a guy?"
Charlie was getting worked up again so I thought to just finish this shit quickly before all hell breaks lose.

"I like it when a guy is funny and has his own opinion. I like it when he's strong but sweet and friendly as well. I like it when a man has a passion and tries his best to live his life the way he gets to be the happiest. I love it when I can be me around him. So no, I am not interested in you. I hardly know you. You're just Charlie's older brother to me."
Charlie smiled as I said this and squeezed my hand. I smiled back and let my thumb roam over his fingers.

Before Bill could make another retort, Arthur intervened. "It's time to go to the stadion."