Chapter 22

Siriana POV

During our walk back to the others, Charlie kept glancing my way. I'm sure I look in a state, but is it really that bad? Had I let myself go so much that even Charlie doesn't know what to say to me? To be honest, I may have crossed a line. It's just that it feels so good to let go and give them a taste of their own medicine. They are the lowest of low. If it weren't for them, I would have had a happy child hood. I could have alternated between being with my Dad and my Mum. Now I had neither, Mum's dead and Dad has only escaped Azkaban a year ago.
Do they know how hard it is to be on the constant look out? Never staying too long in one place because you don't know whether it's safe.

It sucks. And I'm glad I''m past that part of my life, but it'll always be in the back of my head. So yes, perhaps I had been a bit drastic when I attacked those Deatheaters, but they deserved every last bit of it. If I could do it again, I would.

Charlie still hasn't stopped looking at me. Maybe, just maybe I should say something.

"You okay, Char? You seem ... pensive." I questioned tentavingly. He ran his hand through his hair, a sign he's nervous, then spoke.
"I've never seen you use your powers like that. It's a bit overwhelming." His tone was carefull, as if worried I'd blow up at him. I gently took his hand in mine and entertwined our fingers as I stopped us.
"They deserved it, Charlie. They deserved to feel the pain as the life drained out of their bodies. So many people died at their hands that I can't get myself to regret my actions." He swallowed at my words but nodded nonetheless.

Not too long after, we found the rest of our families. Of course something had happened to Harry. Well, not like he's hurt or something similar, more that he's always somehow involved.

Now, for instance, his wand was used to conjure the Dark Mark. If it hadn't been for Dad and Mr Weasley, he surely would've been taken in for questioning. From what I heard of the story the only one getting out of it badly was Winky, a house elf. Apparently, she was found at the scene and they decided to blame her. As if she'd do that.

Anyway, Mr Weasley arranged the next Portkey to get everyone home as it had been enough for one day.

Over the next few days, everyone was restless. Not just due to the Dark Mark, it's more the stress over the upcoming schoolyear. The teens were packing their trunks with the adults fussing over them. Apparantly they'll die if they forget something. It's not like you could send it afterwards by owl or something. Oh wait, you can!

Dad's been towing Harry from one shop to another, which renders me at the house with Remus. Charlie is staying at the Burrow. I think he's still a bit shaken up about everything that's happened. He won't meet my eyes when I ask about it though. Perhaps it's my doing. Maybe he has figured out that I'm a hatefull freak. I can be heartless at times, but I thought he would know by now that it's only to those who deserve it.

Whatever.

Remus is here and I wan't to know how he and Dad have been doing. So far, all I know is that they snogged. No one's lips get that red without a good snog.

"Hey, Remmy!" I greet as I make to sit next to him. "How are you?"
"I'm good! Marvellous even!" His gaze drifted off to space. I snapped my fingers and he looked up again.
"You and Dad are going strong then?"
He nodded and possibly beamed.
"I want details, spill!" I squeled, actually squeled. I didn't even know I could do that.

"Well, after you left, we talked. He said most of it while I merely nodded at the right points, but we figured things out. We're sorta together now. We haven't told anyone yet, you should feel honoured you get to know. Anyway, we kissed a fair few times and it was everything I hoped for. If I give you anymore details, I think you'll throw up. Or do you want me to describe what happens in the bedroom?" He gave me a playful look as my face scrunched up in fake disgust.

"I'll pass." I grinned. "So now you're not only my Godfather but also my stephdad? Nice, a Moomy and a Dadfoot." I laughed and he joined in. We were so lost in our fit that we didn't notice a certain redhead floo in.

"Anna, can we talk?" I didn't like the way he spoke. It had a negative tone to it as if something bad was going to happen. I dreaded to have this conversation, but agreed anyway.
"Sure, Charles." I gave Remus a quick peck on the cheek before following Charlie to the living room.

"What is it?"
He ran his hand through his hair and paced the room. Not looking at me once. Can't he just get on with it?
"Charlie, spit it out! What's on your mind?" I demanded rather than suggested. He stopped and turned towards me. His tall build causing me to have to look up to meet his eyes.

"I just can't stop thinking about it. You ... you killed them. They weren't innocent, far from, and I know that, but they were still human beings!"

"They have acted in an inhumain way in the past, so it's only fit to treat them accordingly. What comes around, goes around. Didn't we already discuss this?"

"We did. But do you really believe it's okay to burn them to death?"

"Yes, Charles. I do believe that's okay. They teared my family apart! They shouldn't die a peacefull death! They should suffer! It's only right!" I was getting wound up, angry even. Why does he question my motives? It's not like it directly affects him.

"I don't get it."

"Don't get what exactly?"

"I don't get how you can live with yourself after seeing them turn to ash, knowing you did that." He explained rather agressively.

"I can live with myself just fine! Can you? Can you live with me? Can you live with the monster you make me out to be?"

"Anna, I didn't mean it like that. You know I didn't."

"But you did. This is why I don't do relationships." Charlie made to protest but I wasn't finished yet. "The moment one finds out that it's not always rainbows and butterflies they freak. You knew how deep my hatred went for Deatheaters, you've just chosen to ignore it these past few years. And if you can't handle it, we should just end this. I'll pick up my stuff before the end of the week. You won't have to deal with me anymore. I'm just a piece of shit anyway, aren't I? A heartless monster. How could anyone ever love me?"

"Anna..."

"Save it."

The front door opened and the families came in. This'll be nice. I think I just broke up with my first real boyfriend.