Chapter 13

The party continued and soon enough we were all sat around the dinner table. Kreacher and Dobby had prepared all of Harry's favourites, as I had asked them too, and everyone was enjoying them. The table had been magically enlarged as we were with so many people. On one side you had Percy sitting at the head followed on his right side with Hermione, Ron, Harry, Dad, Remus and me. Across from me was Charlie, then Bill, Fred, George, Ginny, Molly and Arthur. The set up seemed to please almost everyone. Even Charlie didn't mind sitting next to Bill as said brother knew not to mention anything while sitting so close to my dad and godfather.

I hate that Bill also knows that Charlie wasn't being totally honest. If he didn't then I could have told myself it was just a fragment of my imagination but when I'm not the only one who noticed... I still don't know how to feel about it. Charlie is great and I love him but to be inlove with him is another thing. What does it even feel like? How do you even know? My internal rambling got cut short when Remus touched my shoulder.

"Are you okay, cub? What's on your mind?" He smiled gently at me. I would like nothing better than to confide in him but if I do so at this table then maybe someone overhears.
"Can't talk about it now. It's not a big deal really it's just that uhm I don't know."
"Do you want to talk about it after dinner?" I felt my head nod before I even considered my answer. Remus smiled at me and then turned back to his food. I should too as I haven't taken a single bite yet. Throughout the rest of dinner I made small talk with Remus and Charlie, sometimes with Dad and Bill too but that was it. Afterwards I stayed in the kitchen with Remus. He told me about his love life it's only fair he hears about mine too. Not that I really have one...

"So what has got you thinking, Siriana?" He made us some tea and sat down again. I took a deep breath and gathered up all courage I could muster. I'm not good at opening up and sharing feelings with people. It's not my thing.
"It's just that Charlie introduced me to his parents last week and his mother said it was clear he has feelings for me and asked if I returned them but I freaked and asked Charlie if there had been a misunderstanding between him and his mother. He said there had been and that he wasn't in love with me but I know Charlie and he wasn't being totally honest and Bill saw it too. And now I'm confused. What if he is in love with me? What will happen to us then?" I rambled everything quite fast before looking at Remus for answers. It feels so vulnarable to say it out loud. I feel exposed.

"Why would it be so bad if he is indeed in love with you?"

"It would change everything! He might want a relationship then and if you're in a relationship you'll have to do couple stuff and before you know it he'll exspect us to get married and have children and I can't! It's not what I do, it's just not." He studied me for a moment before giving me another question. At this rate I'll never get an answer.

"Have you ever been in love?" I shook my head, what has that got to do with it?
"Are you sure? Do you know what it feels like to be in love?" Once again I shook my head. He gave me a smile and explained.
"When you're in love you really like the person. You love everything about him. It doesn't mean you don't know his flaws, only that you have accepted him with them and love him regardless. You want to be with that person. You think about him all the time. You want him to like you. Do any of these things sound familiar?" This time he seemed to be waiting for me to get it, almost as if he was giving me a hint. Sure I recognize some of it, okay most but that doesn't mean I'm in love, does it?

"This can't be. I love Charlie but as a friend. Don't these things apply to friends as well?"

"Cub, you're in love with him. The only problem is that you're afraid of the idea of being in love. If you wouldn't, you would already be a couple with him. Why does it scare you so much?" Remus was being nice and gentle with me but I just can't accept it. I'm not in love! I would know! It's wrong, he's wrong. We're just really good friends. I didn't notice I was pacing until Remus pulled me to a stop.
He pulled me in for a hug and while in his embrace I mumbled my reply.

"I don't know"

We stayed in the kitchen for a little while longer. I made him swear not to tell anyone of this conversation. When he had finally convinced me he wouldn't, we went back to the others. Charlie was talking to his parents and Bill which caused me to not want to join him. Harry and Ron were playing a game of Wizard's chess, Fred and George were excitedly whispering to eachother, Dad and Remus were conversing easily and then you still had Ginny and Hermione. They were coming in my direction but it could be that my eyes are decieving me. Okay no they're coming closer. When they finally reached me they pulled me along to the couch. They were giggling and being girly and I have absolutely no experience with that kind of behaviour.

"Uhm hi?" I greeted though cautiously. Why would they want to talk to me? Hermione I know but not enough to say we're friends and Ginny has only been introduced to me as Charlies little sister. They shouldn't be acting so familiar, should they? I admit I haven't had many girl friends but still.

"So we were wondering, are we going to be sisters in law?" The youngest of the Weasleys asked. I blinked. Why is everyone so obsessed with this kind of stuff.
"If you marry Harry, then we'll be a kind of sisters." At my response Ginny blushed redder than her hair. Hermione choked back a laugh and took over the conversation.
"We were actually asking about you and Charlie. Are you two a couple?" Both girls were now staring at me with anticipation. A part of me wanted to deny immediatly like I have been doing for the past few years, but another part wanted me to make clear that we're more than just friends. The problem is that you can't tell a fourteen and a thirteen year old that you're friends with benefits with someone. They are too innocent for that knowledge.
"We're not a couple, we're close though. It's a bit complicated to explain..." I trailed off.
"But you could become a couple in the future, right?" Ginny asked.
"I don't know, maybe..."

"What don't you know?" Charlie asked. I hadn't even noticed he was coming this way. I racked my brain for an answer. There is no way in hell that I'm going to tell him I don't know whether I'm in love with him or not.
"If we're staying here until the World Cup or if we go to the Burrow or if we go back to Romania. Where are we staying?"
"Here I believe." He answered me. He was studying my face before he leaned in and whispered in my ear.
"What were you guys really talking about?" I turned back to him and leaned towards his ear.
"You'll never know." I planted a soft kiss on his cheeck before smirking at him.
"Let's go home and get our stuff. If we're staying here, we need to pack some clothes. He smiled and followed me to the fireplace.