Forty Three

Mulai dari awal

"Do you want me to sing to you?" Camila offered.

It was a generous offer because she was reluctant to sing in front of Lauren usually but the older girl didn't care at this moment.

"Singing doesn't fix anything, we aren't all immature. Some problems can't be fixed with a hug to make you feel better," Lauren scoffed and Camila bit on her lip.

"I'm-I'm not immature, you said so yourself," She shook her head.

"Things change Camila, if you aren't then why are you nearly crying?" Lauren demanded.

"I'm not, you're being mean," Camila's voice trembled.

"Life's mean Camila, you..." Before Lauren could continue the strong smell of smoke filled the room, "the fucking pizza!"

Both girls ran downstairs, coughing as the smoke hit them fully and Lauren the bath towel that Camila had used to mop up the water she spilt, covering her hands before reaching in the oven and pulling out the pizza.

It was burnt to a crisp.

"Fucking hell Camila!" Lauren shouted.

"You distracted me," Camila protested feebly, "you were being a bitch!"

"You were being useless," Lauren snapped back and Camila froze at the comment.

"Fuck you," She spat, turning on her heel and storming upstairs.

She returned about five minutes later with a bag thrown over her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Lauren asked coldly.

"To Dinah's house," Camila contained walking and Lauren grabbed her arm, "don't touch me!"

"It's five miles away," Lauren said incredulously.

"I said don't touch me," Camila yanked her arm away, wrapping them around herself.

"Camila..." Lauren started.

"Don't Camila me," Camila continued making her way out of the house.

"You can't leave, someone will see you," Lauren told her.

"Probably, because I'm useless," Camila shrugged, slamming the door behind her.

She felt quite weird, having the freedom to walk away and she'd half expected Lauren to follow her and put up a fight but she never.

She made her way to the sidewalk when the gardens ended, glancing back at the house now far away.

She started walking along the sidewalk, ducking her head every time a car passed.

Thankfully, the road to Dinah's was quiet.

She wasn't sure how far she'd walked when her feet started to ache and the bag over her shoulder started to rub.

The sound of a car driving slowly startled her and she ducked her head, waiting for it to drive past.

It never did.

She quickly glanced behind her and saw a car almost driving on the sidewalk.

Her heart sped up a bit and she started walking a bit faster.

To her horror the car continued following her.

"No no no," She whined, holding her bag closer to her.

After another five minutes she heard the car stop.

Thank god, she thought, it must've stopped.