Chapter 30.

SANYUKTA

It was evening and I was walking in my garden when my phone buzzed.It was Randhir I thought to ignore but I was missing him.

"Hi.." I said not wanting to drag the topic anymore.

"Hey! Are you free now?"

"Yes, why?"

"Just like that."

"Sorry!"We both spoke at the same time and laughed.

"Sorry for calling you idiot."

"Thats ok, but why did you call me a idiot."

"Nothing important.What I meant to say that time was as people close to me call me Sanyu and since now your also close so...." I trailed of.

"Ok, I understand but don't think you are too special for me and I want to call you with special name?"

"Yea... But isn't baby, sweetie, jaanu are something every common between lovers? If you find something unique and cute then call me with that otherwise stick to Sanyu."

"You are too demanding, shaadi se phele haal tho mera kya huga shaadi ke baad?" My mouth opened wide hearing this.

"Haan phir mat karna shaadi."

"But you know, I am head over heels in love with my soon to be wife."

"Really? Even I love my soon to be husband."I couldn't stop myself smiling from the start of the call.

"I wish she comes to me soon."

"She always in your heart isn't she?" I asked.

"Yes she is, but I want her to be in my arms forever."My cheeks were becoming pink.

"Ok, stop it now."

"What I haven't even started yet?"He such a tease.

"Whatever, what were you doing?" I changed the topic.

"Just came to stadium...." I didn't hear further as I heard a loud honking sound.

"Wait a minute Randhir." I then walked towards entrance to papa's car.

I walked towards him still having my phone near the ear.

"Whose is it?" Papa asked pointing towards the phone.

"Randhir, you talk to him.Randhir papa is there you talk to him." I gave my phone to him.

______________________________

RANDHIR

I was walking when Sanyukta told she is passing the call to her father and I stood still chanting in mind 'come on Randhir you can talk to him after all he is your father-in-law'.

"Good evening uncle!"I tried to be cheerful.

"Good evening beta.How are you and your parents?"

"All are fine here uncle, how was your trip?"I talked normally.

"It was good.Ok will talk later.Bye son."

"Yea...bye uncle." I wanted to ask for Sanyukta but then decided against it and marched towards the dressing room.

I got Ashok's call and I attended it "Yea, dude tell."

"I gave the statement that Sanyukta was your old friend and you people were just catching up the old times.Also that if you date anyone the media will be informed about it."He spoke up with urgency.

"Cool, will catch up later.Bye!" I hung the call.

Then I proceed towards the ground and started my warm ups along with the other players.
______________________________

SANYUKTA

Dad and I had an early dinner with him narrating all the things from the time he left the house to him coming back.It has been the ritual in our family whenever anyone of us go out we narrate all the incidents that happened.

It has been the ritual in our family whenever anyone of us go out we narrate all the incidents that happened

Dad and I were now in terrace sitting on garden sofa.I had both wrapped my both hands around his hand and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"My daughter has grown up, soon getting married."I didn't see his face but the voice was quite heavy.

I held his hands a little tighter.He just played with my fingers the way I used to play.

"You are lucky to have a good guy like Randhir."He sounded neutral.

I didn't speak anything I was just listening.

"I told you that I have surprise for you when you were coming back." I just nodded.

"I will give it tomorrow." I just hummed without even moving, I was still like a statue.

"My daughter will have the best wedding but before that you have any plans for your wedding?"

I shaked my head in a no and said "I don't want to marry."

"What??" He was shocked.

"I don't want to leave you, please don't get me married."

He inhaled sharply and said "I won't be alone, will be hardly 30 minutes drive from you.Don't you love Randhir?"

"I do, but why should I go away from you if I get married.Why can't you come with me or why can't he come here after marriage?"

"It is the custom, happens with every girl. Even your mom got married and shifted with me also Maya, you can't change them."

"Still its unfair." I sniffed.

"Hey princess, don't cry."

"I am princess because my father is a king not because I have a prince."

"Yes and this is king's order that princess should stop crying because the king has bought a villa near Shekhawat mansion and will be shifting there soon after princess's marriage." He said it in the same way he narrates the bed time stories.

I was shocked and looked at him with widen eyes then jumped on him giving sound kiss on both the cheeks and said "I love u soooooo much papa."

He just laughed and we talked some more then retired to bed.I slept with papa after so many years, I guess will sleep with him until the day of my marriage.