Chapter 28.

RANDHIR

  "Hi, everyone!!" I greeted as I walked inside the house.

  "Randhir!! What the hell did you do man? You got into mess.You realize what happens when you don't tell me your schedule? Have I ever let even one media to make headlines on your personal life? If you had told me about this early I would have handled it."Ashok, my PR blasted seeing me.

  This guy needs to chill down.

   "Lakshmi kaki, jaara cool drinks laaye aaj kisika thaapmaan bade unchai pe hai."I called out.
(Lakshmi aunty, bring cool drinks today someone's temperature is very high)

  "It's not time for joke Ron." My mom spoke in a stern voice.

  "Sorry mom! But he really needs a chill pill, anyways one day or the other people will get to know this." I replied trying to lessen the tension around.

  "I know beta(son) but you should have been careful."My mom said caressing my arms.

  "Now do you want to share the news that you are getting married soon or shall I cover it up?" Ashok asked.

  Before I could reply my mom said "Let the world know my son is getting married soon."

  If its possible she will get me married in a hour, I thought rolling my eyes.

  "Wait mom, I don't know whether Sanyukta will be comfortable with this also we didn't have any official talk regarding this so let this just settle around." I replied calmly.

  My mom then cupped my face and said "You are so like your dad, I am proud of you.Keep including my daughter-in-law while taking personal decisions like this alwats."

  "Mom..."I kind of whined as it was becoming embarrassing and scratched my forehead with car's key.

"Randhir, you go and freshen up." My saviour, dad told me.

  "Wait, what should I tell to the media and your fans?" Ashok asked.

  "For what I have appointed you if you don't know this, just make sure Sanyukta isn't dragged anywhere in this." I said moving upstairs to my den.
______________________________

SANYUKTA

  It was around 10 am and I just entered my hospital."MY?" its not until I work hard and achieve the respect my mom held.I hope that happens soon.

  I went to reception to ask about mausi "Excuse me! I would like to meet Dr.Suryavanshi."

  "Mam do you have any prior appointment?"The lady on the other side of the desk was polite.

  "No, actually I am ....." I was cut by a loud noise of slap THAP!! When I turned towards the sounds I could see a huge crowd outside the diagnostic lab on my left.

  I walked towards the crowd slightly confused and angry as how can people just crowd around and what the hell was that sound, was it really sound of slapping.

  I was pushing the crowd aside when I heard the sound of someone sniffing.

  "Its a hospital you can't crowd like this so please kindly make a disperse." My was stern even I couldn't believe it was my voice, it was too cold.

  "Mam, you too please move away from here." The receptionist talked in her trained polite manner.

  I breathed out and said "Sorry I really didn't like the way we are being introduced but we can't help it. I am Sanyukta Agarwaal."

  The receptionist was puzzled at first but later I could see realization hitting her hard and colour draining out of her face.

  "Mam, wait a minute I will just inform Dr.Suryavanshi."She hurried towards her desk.

  "Wait, no need to inform her now.You go and do your work" I dismissed her and knocked the door of diagnostic lab from where I heard the sound early.

  Though it is sound proof but I guess the door was opended.Soon someone pulled the door harshly and shouted "When it will be your turn the assistant will inform, don't disturb."

  "Excuse me, May I know whats happening in there and for your kind information I am Dr.Sanyukta Agarwaal." I pasted a fake smile.

  She looked like she just saw a ghost and moved aside.I went inside to see two women one in late fifties and another one no more than 19-20 years.The young girl's face was swollen and the finger prints could be seen, my eyes widen seeing her.

  "Whats happening here?" I asked in stern voice to the lab technician.

  "Mam, actually she is pregnant."The technician said looking at the young lady.

  Both the ladies looked at me.

  "Hm...so... Why is her face swollen?" I asked looking at the technician.

  I got reply for the the elder woman, "I slapped her, she is unmarried and pregnant."

  The lady was announcing she slapped someone with so much proudness, I started disliking her the moment the words came out of her mouth. What an unmarried woman can't be pregnant?!

  "You can't just slap an adult and not a woman especially when she is pregnant." I was rude but I don't care.

  "Maybe you don't know after all she isn't your sister or anyway you aren't related with us so you talk like this but I am her mother and I have to answer to people." The lady shouted.

  "If she was my sister she wouldn't be crying like now.This is a democratic country so there is no compulsion that you have answer questions asked anyone its totally your wish." I could feel myself starting to shake in anger.

  "Its easy to say dialogues but difficult to be in the shoes of the other person.We don't want this child."At the last statement I heard the young girl crying more herstically than before, this isn't safe for her.

  "Mam, you please be outside I want to talk to your daughter alone.Miss.Khataria please take her out." I asked the lab technician to escort the lady out.

  "No I won't go and who are you to talk to my daughter alone, whatever it is you talk before me."

  "I am a doctor and I would like to talk to the young lady alone give me few minutes.You relax until then." I said trying to control myself from blasting upon the lady.

  "Mam, please."The lab technician said.

  The lady then moved out making faces, I was thankful she didn't made anymore fuss.Then turned towards the girl and asked her to sit on the chair.I too sat beside her.

  "So... I have few questions please answer honestly. I am a doctor and can be your friend too if you like.I am not all going to judge you so be free." I said patting her hands which held her shawl very tightly.

  She nodded trying to calm herself then I continued "Is the father of the child your boyfriend?"

  She nodded in positive and I further asked "He knows about it?"

  She nodded in positive again then I asked "Why didn't he come with you?"

  She cried a little and said "We were planning to talk to our parents as soon as we knew about but before we could talk to our parents my mother dragged me to hospital.I couldn't inform him."

  "Hm... You both want the baby?" I asked though I knew the answer.

  "Yes, he just started working from last six months but he is capable of taking care of both of us."She was proud of him.

  I smiled at her and said "Call your boyfriend and ask him to come here."

  "But mom..."She trailed of.

  "Don't worry she is just angry and scared for you, she will be fine otherwise I have my ways to make her fine." I winked.

  She chuckled and called her boyfriend.I was happy seeing her smile, NO GIRL DESERVES TO CRY!