L (Epilogue)

Epilogue

~3 weeks later

Kendall started to get help with her anorexia that she developed through the weeks.

She wasn't really improving or anything, but at least she wasn't getting worse.

Her so called 'friends' weren't her friends anymore. They were embarrassed of her.

Eventually, she learned she wasn't fat; after weeks of denying it to herself.

The only thing she struggled with was the eating disorder, eating and puking -and repeat.

Not saying it was not hard.

~

Kendall Vertes waltzed through the school halls, with a bright smile on her face.

Her happiness was contagious, when you saw her, you couldn't help but smile.

But no one knew what was happening. No one knew that she was slowly dying inside.

Maybe after all, behind that bright smile, was a dark soul, that was once a bright one, but it was left with only the pain.

And maybe, just maybe, she couldn't take it anymore.

Maddie and Nia walked past her, giving her looks and whatnot. The only happiness that was left in her -even if it was fake- faded.

Kendall managed to not break into tears in that moment and kept walking, only to find more trouble coming from no other than Chloe and Paige.

Oh, and the cherry on top of the ice cream couldn't be missing. Josh was there too.

~

~Later that day

"Kendall, honey you've got to eat!", Jill Vertes insisted to her anorexic daughter.

Kendall rolled her eyes and took the metal utensil with her weak hands. She struggled to hold it the right way, but at the end managed to get a piece of broccoli.

"Do I really have to?", Kendall asked.

"Yes," Jill said, not wanting to lose her ground.

Kendall sighed in defeat and cautiously placed the green vegetable in her tiny mouth.

She chewed slowly and swallowed.

"Look, it wasn't that hard, right?", her mom said.

Kendall slowly shook her head 'no' and smiled weakly.

"Try another one honey," Jill encouraged Kendall.

Kendall took a mini carrot with her fork, and took a bite. She was chewing when suddenly she dropped the fork and her hands flew to her mouth covering it instinctively.

She abruptly got up from the table and ran to the bathroom. After a few minutes, she came back, wiping her mouth with her arm.

She looked at her mother a few seconds, before running to her bedroom bursting out crying.

"I can't do this anymore, I can't do this anymore." she whispered, holding a stuffed bear in her hands as she rocked her body back and forth in her bed.

She carefully stood up from her bed, almost losing her balance. Kendall grabbed her laptop and placed it on her lap after sitting down at the edge of her bed.

She signed into her twitter and tweeted:

"Live stream at 5:30. Don't wanna miss it, trust me."