C

That day went by so fast. Josh and I talked about what our project would be about. We finally settled on doing it about America's presidents, it was the easiest topic that we both knew of.

After school, I texted Maddie for a while and then focused on doing homework, you know, the basic.

As I said before, the day was a blur. So I pretty much finished my homework, had dinner, and went to sleep right after showering and blow drying my hair.

~

The next morning, I woke up, eager to see Josh again. We'd been hanging out a lot lately, by a lot and lately, I mean yesterday and the day before.

I arrived to school in time to see Nia entering the front door. I shouted her name and ran up to catch up with her.

"Hey Nia," I greeted her with a welcoming smile.

"What's up Kendall," she said, returning the smile. I think we're on good terms now, and I'm glad. Yesterday I didn't speak to her all day after our blowup in the morning.

I sighed in relief, I had my friend back. But I had to be sure, so I asked anyway. "So we're alright now, right?" I asked, nervousness overcoming my features as I saw Nia shift uncomfortably in her feet.

"Look, Kends, I really don't want our friendship to break because of a guy and I want you to be happy, you know it.", she said with a serious look on her face. I knew she was serious, I knew she wanted me to be happy, after all we were best friends.

"But," she continued, "I'm really afraid that Josh will hurt you, and I want to look out for you, please listen to me." she finished.

"You know Nia, Josh is not like everyone else. Yes, he is practically known for being the biggest player in school, but, I think he's changed. I know he has." I explained, hoping Nia would understand. To soften the already softened statement, I added, "I know you're trying to look out for me Nia, and I appreciate it." I smiled at her.

Nia rolled her eyes, annoyed. "You can't see it do you? I can't believe how naive you are! Josh will steal your heart and after he's done playing with it, he's going to crack it into pieces Kendall! He's going to hurt you." Nia said.

"But-", I tried to argue back.

"No, you know what? Forget it. You go on with Josh and I won't interfere. But when your heart is shattered in small pieces, don't even bother to go running with me." She said, walking away.

I stood there, my mouth hanging open. I can't believe Nia is making such a big drama about such a little thing.

Ugh.

~

Oooohhh! Small chap, sorry.

What do you think is Nia's problem? Why is she making all of this such a big deal, when really, Kendall is just having a crush on Josh?

Hope you're liking it so far!! I looooveeeee youuuuuu!!!