D

D

I smiled to myself as I finished reading the note. Josh Hyland was asking me to dinner? Wait, that doesn't make sense.

As if on cue, I heard Chloe and Paige giggling in their seats next to each other.

I turned around to see Chloe and Paige still lauging and slightly pointing at me at the same time.

"I'll pick you up at 8:30!", Paige whispered, and laughed again.

I rolled my eyes and turned back again to the front.

Tears were already forming in my eyes but I tried my best to pull them back.

They were sick. Still, how could I ever think that Josh would ever invite ME, Kendall K Vertes, to dinner.

Class ended after a couple of minutes and I rushed out of class, I just wanted to get as far as I could from everyone.

Just then, Maddie raced behind me and pulled me into a hug. I guess she saw the note and what happened.

I tried not to cry while hugging her, but I couldn't resist anymore. I started crying into her shoulder and she just gently patted my back.

I finally pulled back and sighed.

"Happy birthday KK, don't be sad! Remember that laptop you told me about?" Maddie said, trying to comfort me.

I suddenly brightened up and a smile made its way into my face. I had totally forgot about that since breakfast!

"Yeah!", I said. "Maybe Nia and you could come to my place to help me set up my accounts and stuff."

"That'd be awesome! I'll tell Nia, you go to third period, you don't wanna miss that too." she joked, making me aware that she knew I'd skipped the first one.

"Hey, it wasn't on purpose! I was having a bad morning." I said, trying not to remember what Chloe and Paige had done to me only this morning.

She smiled. "I know, Paige and Chloe can be bitches sometimes. Nevermind, they always are." she assured me, winking.

I smirked and rushed to 3rd period, not wanting to miss it. Luckily, Paige and Chloe weren't there. Maybe this day was getting better after all.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

What do you think about it so far?Comment!! xoxo