Epilouge

No one's Pov

Vanitas forcibly fused with Ventus and battle with him. Unknown to Ventus, Vanitas allowed him to win. The X-blade slipped from Vanitas's hands and shattered. Vanitas began to fall to the broken platform below.

"Vanitas!" Ventus cried out attempting to reach out for his dark half, but the shadow warrior simply shook his head and sadly smiled.

"Tell our little sister I'm sorry for everything." he said. A small tear slid down his face as he evaporated into orbs of light. Ventus's Dive to the Heart Station became repaired. He looked around at the small particles of light. He smiled as tears slid down his face. He too soon evaporated into orbs of light. His heart was the only thing that remained as it floated upward and disappeared. As for Terra and Aqua, only one of them was lucky to remain alive... and themselves. Terra is processed by Master Xehanort and leaves to go to Radiant Garden. Aqua fights the processed Ventus and triumphs. She and Ventus are hurled into the Lanes Between, but are rescued by Mickey who uses his Star Shard to teleport them to the Mysterious Tower.

Aqua's Pov

I opened my eyes to see I was back in the Mysterious Tower. Master Yen Sid approached me.

"Aqua, you lost consciousness. Fortunately, Mickey found you and Ventus drifting in the Lanes Between, and brought you back to me to receive proper care. I am sorry, but there was no sign of Terra." Yen Sid informed me.

"I see." I tried to shake Ven awake. "Ven! Ventus!" I shouted, but he wasn't waking up.

"The boy's heart is sleeping." Yen Sid said. Sleeping?

"When will he wake?" I asked.

"I could not say. It is almost as if his heart has left. Should it return, he may very well wake. Should it not, then he may sleep like this for all eternity." Yen Sid said.

"No... I'll keep him safe-until he wakes. Forever if I have to. Where's Hikari? Is she alright?" I asked.

"I'm sorry to say that she has lost consciousness. It seems both Vanitas and Ventus's heart were link to hers. When they became lost, hers was severely damaged." Yen Sid said.

"What!? Please, let me see her!" I begged.

"Now is not the time. Her heart is still recovering from the shock." Yen Sid explained.

"I promised we'd all come back. I broke that promise. I need to keep both of them safe!" I said.

"I will tell you what your friend needs right now. It is not your protection. He needs you to believe. You see, Ventus's heart hangs in the balance. It sleeps in the place between light and darkness. From all I can perceive, that means he will be looking for a friend-one who believes in him, to show him the way home. Just as long as you love him...then Ventus will be able to find you when he wakes. He can follow that love back to where he belongs-the realm of light." Yen Sid tells me. I took Ven's body and left the tower.

No one's Pov

Aqua wondered aloud that Ventus needed a safe place to sleep. Even without his heart, the sleeping boy stretched out his hand and in it, appeared his Keyblade. It opened a path to Land of Departure. When Aqua arrived there, she was horrified by the state of her home. Large chucks of land were broken off and the two castle towers were gone. Aqua then noticed her late Master's Keyblade laying on the ground. She picked it up and remembered her Master request. If their world was to ever fall into darkness, she was to use his Keyblade to seal the world away. Aqua places Ventus on a throne and seals Land of Departure away. She promises Ventus that she, Terra and Hikari would be back to wake him up. She exit the castle and sees that the world has been transformed into the world that would become known as Castle Oblivion. She hears Terra's voice and follows it to Radiant Garden.

My Pov

I opened my eyes to see I was in darkness. What happened?

"Hikari?" I heard a voice ask. That voice... It was Ven!

"Ven! Ven, where are you?" I called.

"I'm right here." Ven said. I turned around and saw a glowing orb. I held out my hands and cupped the orb. Ven's heart... Tears flowed down my cheeks. "Don't cry, Hikari.

"But, how can I not? Van's gone, Terra's nowhere to be found and now you're gone! I've lost all 3 of my brothers in one day!" I cried. I felt something caressing me. I looked up to see a ghostly figure of Ven.

"No matter what Hikari, I'll always be there for you. You're my little sister and I'm your big brother. I'll come back to you. I promise." Ven said.

"I know you will." I said.

"Hikari, there's a light in the distance. Can you... take me to it?" Ven asked. I wiped away any leftover tears.

"Anything for you, big brother." I said. The apparition of him faded. I follows the light, which lead me to Sora. I asks Sora to take care of my brother's heart. He accepts and promises to return it once it's healed.

No one's Pov

Aqua finds Terra-Xehanort in Radiant Garden. She is left with no choice, but to fight him. Shortly into their fight, Terra-Xehanort releases his Guardian. Aqua seems unmatched, but the power of her friends gives her the strength to defeat Terra-Xehanort. This also caused Terra to try and take back his body and heart. However, Xehanort stabs himself in the chest to lock Terra away. This causes him to fall into darkness with Aqua diving in after him. Aqua sacrifices herself to safe Terra. She sorrowfully knows that Hikari has been left all alone. With this final event, Hikari's heart shatters into pieces and she becomes a lifeless doll.

Epilogue

Mickey takes Hikari back to her grandmother in Radiant Garden. There, she only moves and talks slightly. She makes friends that help her regain more speech and mobility. Hikari and Eve befriends Dilan, Even, Aeleus, Ienzo, Isa, Lea, Myde, Dulor, Lauriam, Elrena and their Pokémon. For awhile, Hikari is happy. That all changes after a year of living in Radiant Garden. Radiant Garden became covered in darkness and was destroyed. They only known survivors were Hikari and Kairi. The protection spell on both Hikari's Wayfinder and Kairi's necklace lead them to the Destiny Islands. The two girls were found washed ashore by Riku and Sora. Hikari and Kairi had no memory of their Homeworld, nor that they were cousins. Kairi is adopted by the islands' mayor and Hikari is taken in by Riku's parents. Over the next several years, these children became the closest of friends and soon began to plan of a way to venture to outside worlds. Little did they know what was in store for them.