Protective Brothers

My Pov

Me and Snow White ran through the forest until we were out of breath. I placed Lovie down.

"Let's stop for a minute and rest." I suggested.

"What were those horrible creatures?" Snow White asked.

"I don't know..." I said.

"Will Terra be alright?" Snow White asked.

"Of course. He's trained to take on the forces of darkness." I reassured her. We started walking again, going deeper into the forest. I couldn't shake the eerie feeling we were being watch. I shot glances all over the place and kept seeing glowing eyes.

"Vui..." Lovie whimpered. The wind suddenly picked up and I felt something grab my skirt. It was a demon tree! The trees lashed out and tried to grab me, Lovie and Snow White. I had never felt so terrified in my life. Hot tears poured down my cheeks as I fell to the ground. I looked up to see the demon trees reaching for me. "VEN!"

Ven's Pov

I can't believe those little men had called me a thief. I came upon a small cottage in a clearing. I looked inside, but didn't see anyone.

"Jolt?" Jolteon said, puzzled.

"This must be where those little men live Jolteon." I thought to myself. That's when a scream cut through the peaceful silence.

"VEN!" Wait, that was... Hikari! She was in trouble! We hurried in the direction of the screams. We had to fight several Unversed before I saw Hikari, holding Lovie to her chest, with another girl.

"Hikari!" I yelled.

"Jolteon!" Jolteon exclaimed. She looked at me with tearful eyes. Lovie jumped out of her arms and ran to Jolteon.

"Ven!" Hikari ran to me and hugged my legs. "You're here! You're really here!" she sobbed. I picked her up and hugged her. She gripped on to my jacket. She was trembling so much. Whatever had been here scared her.

"Are you both alright?" I asked.

"These horrible trees—they tried to grab us." the girl said. I held out my free hand for her.

"Ah, it's okay. You were probably just seeing things. It happens to all of us when we're afraid." I said, helping her to her feet and set Hikari down. She had calmed down.

"Oh, thank you. I feel quite better now. I'm sure we'll get along, somehow. But...we do need a place to sleep at night. Would you know anywhere we might?" the girl asked.

"Well, I saw a house just up ahead. Come on, I'll take you there. Oh, I'm Ventus. Ven for short." I said.

"Thank you, Ven. My name's Snow White." she introduced herself.

"Great. Let's get going!" I said. Jolteon and me escorted Snow White, Hikari and Lovie through the forest while fighting off the Unversed. We finally managed to get to the cottage. "I'm pretty sure you'll both be safe here... but sit tight while I look around." I said running outside to make sure it was safe.

My Pov

"My, Ven certainly is protective of you Hikari. He's wanting to make sure this is a safe place for you." said Snow White.

"He's also making sure it's safe for you." I said. We heard the door open. I expected to see Ven, but instead I saw seven little men marching into the house. Lovie hid behind me.

"Who are the two of you?" said the first.

"I am Princess Snow White and this is my friend Hikari." Snow White said. She was a princess?

"Oh, beg pardon your Majesty." said the second. The little men bowed.

"Why're you both here?" asked the fourth.

"Snow White's evil stepmother, the Queen, tried to have us both killed." I told them. The men were shocked.

"Why in the world would she want to hurt two prutty girls like you?" asked the fourth.

"I remember a servant back at the castle telling me that my stepmother was a vain woman and could not bear the thought of someone being more beautiful than her." Snow White said.

"Apparently we're more beautiful than her if she tried to have us killed. She must have sent Terra after us, but he came to warn us instead." I said.

"Yes. He was very brave to choose not to follow the Queen's orders. I do hope he'll be alright." Snow White said worriedly.

"He'll be fine. Oh, I'm sorry. We're being rude. What are all of your names?" I asked.

"I'm Doc." said the first.

"I'm Sleepy." said the second. He yawned and stretched his arms.

"I'm Bashful." said the third. His face turned red and he pulled his bread to hide his face.

"I'm Sneezy." said the fourth. He sneezed after answering.

"I'm Grumpy." said the fifth. He crossed his arms with a sour look on his face.

"I'm Happy, ladies and this here is Dopey. He don't talk none." said the sixth.

"He doesn't?" I asked.

"He never learned." said Happy. That was sad. The door opened to reveal Ven and Jolteon were back.

"The coast is clear! Not a monster is sight—Huh!" he exclaimed.

"Couldn't stay away, couldja? An' who invited you and your pet in, ya rotten thief?" Grumpy asked angrily.

"Oh no, he's not a thief. He rescued us." Snow White said.

"You fussn't be mooled—uh, musn't be fooled by him, ladies." Doc said.

"Just go in an' git!" Grumpy snapped.

"Please don't make Ven and Jolteon leave! He saved me and Snow White from those monsters that were chasing us." I cried.

"What happened?" Ven asked.

"Well, Hikari, Lovie and I were picking flowers by the woods and there was a stranger there with a Flareon. He had a sword, but it was like a key— and then those horrible monsters came and— The stranger was Hikari's friend Terra." Snow White said.

"Terra!?" Ven exclaimed.

"Ya mean this Terra saw ya and set his horde of evil demons after ya?" Doc asked.

"No, no, no! Terra protected us and held them off while we escaped." I said.

"Terra would never hurt anyone!" Ven said, angrily.

"Oh, of course not. Not if he's a friend of yours and Hikari." Snow  White said.

"Princess! You trustn't be so musting—er, trusting." Doc stammered.

"He's a-lyin'! Mark my words!" Grumpy yelled.

"I'll prove it!" Ven yelled. I grabbed Ven's jacket before he could leave. Lovie looked at Jolteon with her Baby-Doll Eyes. He sighed. "Could you at least do me a favor; keep Hikari and Lovie safe until I come back?" he asked. The dwarves seemed to take Ven concern for my safety into consideration.

"Of course we will." Happy replied.

"Thank you." Ven said. He left the cottage. I hoped he'd come back soon and take me home.

Note: I'm going in order of the worlds Ven went to, but from Hikari's POV. So things may seem a little out of place and order. Just so there's no confusion.