Brother & Sister/Father & Daughter

Vanitas's Pov

This feeling... that girl... who is she?

"Van!" Huh? "Van!" That voice... it was the girl's. Why did hearing her voice make me feel a positive emotion? "Van!" I opened my eyes to see a bright light. I reached out and the light cloaked around me. It felt so warm. "Van? Van, wake up!" I opened my eyes. My helmet had been taken off. I saw the girl hunched over me crying. Her Eevee was nuzzling my Umbreon, crying as well.

"Why are you crying for me?" I asked.

"I told you; you're my friend. But, it seems you being my friend has only gotten you hurt. I'm sorry." she said, weeping. She bent down and lightly kissed my forehead. That's when many images started coming back to me. This girl was Hikari, she was the Princess of Kingdom Hearts... and my friend. She was crying because of me. I sat up. "Van?" I pulled Hikari into a tight hug, scared of letting go of her.

"Hikari, how can you still call me your friend? I've hurt you." I said.

"I've heard a saying when you care about someone, you always care about them no matter what they do. I know it wasn't your fault. It's Xehanort's. Everything happening to us is his fault." Hikari told me. She was too sweet for her own good. "Oh! I almost forgot! I made something for you." She rummaged through her pockets and pulled something out. It was a dark purple Wayfinder. She took my hand and placed it in my palm. "It's a lucky charm I made for you. Here, Umbreon." She placed a dark red collar around his neck, the collar had a small, silver Wayfinder on it. "That's for you." I clutched the charm in my hand.

"Why did you make this for me?" I asked.

"It represents our bond. We're friends. Not just that, you're my brother and I'm your sister. It's the same for Umbreon and Lovie; Umbreon is Lovie's brother and Lovie's his sister." Hikari said, smiling. She really was too much. I've only met her several times and yet I cared about her more than anything.

"You're too sweet and kind for your own good." I sighed. She suddenly got a sad look on her face.

"Van... could you... take me home? Please?" Hikari asked. I thought for a minute. Xehanort would surely show up there, but I knew Hikari was wanting to go home.

"Alright. Hop on my back. I can tell you're exhausted." I said. I knelt down and she climbed on my back. Umbreon picked Lovie back up. I summoned a portal and walked through. It didn't take long to reach Land of Departure. I was about to head toward the castle, but I saw the Master, Eraqus, emerged.

"You! What are you doing here!?" That's when he saw Hikari on my back. "Hikari! Lovie! What have you do to them?" Eraqus demanded.

"Calm down. I haven't done anything to her." I said. I placed Hikari on the ground and Umbreon sat Lovie down, who then jumped into Hikari's arms. Hikari ran to Master Eraqus, who wrapped his arms around her.

"Leave, now!" Eraqus shouted. I saw the sadden look in Hikari face.

"Fine. Just so you know, I'm sorry for forcibly taking Hikari in the first place." I said. Me and Umbreon left through the portal. I had to find some way to avoid forging the X-blade. I could feel it. If I did, Ventus would resist. We would fight and he would win. The X-blade would be destroyed, taking both of us with it. If Hikari's bond with both of us was as strong as what I thought and it happened, her heart would shatter into millions of pieces.

My Pov

I was sad to see Van leave, but I knew Master Era-, I mean my dad wouldn't let him stay.

"Come, Hikari. Let us get inside." said Daddy. I placed Lovie down. We walked back into the castle and to the throne room. "Is something wrong? Did Vanitas harm you in anyway?" I shook my head. "What it is then?"

"I met my grandma." I said. He tensed up. He must know she told me everything.

"So... what did she tell you?" he asked.

"She told me about my family." I said. He turned away from me. "Did you hate me?" I asked, holding back tears. He turned around and gripped my shoulders kind of hard.

"Absolutely not! I did it to protect you... No, I abandoned you because of my own fear." Eraqus said.

"Fear?" I asked.

"Yes. After Shiro was... and Yami vanished, I... feared he would come after you. You were all I had left." He hugged me close to him and was sobbing a little "Please forgive Hikari. I told myself it was to protect you, but all my neglectfulness toward you only caused you the worst kind of hurt." Eraqus pleaded.

"It's okay. I understand why you were pushing me away and I forgive you." I looked up and wiped the tears that I hadn't realized had formed from my eyes.

"Thank you. I swear to you this, I will no longer distance myself from you. I promised your mother I would protect you." Eraqus told me.

"What was she like?" I asked.

"I'll tell you when you're a little older Hikari. Let's get you to your room. I can tell you have had a tiring journey." Eraqus said. I rubbed one of my eyes. I took hold of the my father's hand and we walked away.

"I'm holding you to your word, Daddy." I said. He smiled at me. I was so happy that I finally had my dad back. We were about to leave the room when-

"Ah, I see the princess had no trouble getting back home safely." I froze and turned. It was Xehanort. My dad pulled me close to him and I gripped onto his robe.

"What business do you have here Xehanort?" Daddy asked, gripping me tighter to him.

"None of your concern. I've only come to see that your future pupil, or should I say, daughter had returned home. And I see that she has." Xehanort sneered.

"Yes. If that is all, then leave." said Daddy.

"One more thing. It seems your other pupil, Ventus and his Jolteon have arrived home as well." Xehanort said. My dad started going toward the entrance with me walking next to him very closely.

No one's Pov

The father and daughter were unaware that the dark Master would shatter their happiness before it had a chance to begin. It would also be the last time Hikari would see her home.