Four Friends

No one's Pov

On a small island, a man in a black cloak carries a large white sheet under his arm. The sheet is cloaked around near-dead boy. The man places the boy over the trunk of a palm tree.

"There, you see? An empty world, like a prison. I image you'll be right at home." the man said. The boy, Ventus, looked at the ground with his lifeless eyes, then closed them and drifts off, falling into darkness.

Ven's Pov

Falling... falling into darkness. This must be the end for me. What will happen to me?

"Hey, where am I?" a voice asked. Who was that?

"Who's there?" I asked. A bright light illuminated the darkness. The sheet that was wrapped around me faded away. I gently floated down to a platform.

"I'm a brand new heart." the voice answered.

"But this is- Why are you in my heart?" I asked.

"The light brought me. I saw it shining in the distance... and followed it here." it told me.

"Yeah. That was my light. But my heart is fractured. And now... the little I have left is slipping away." I said.

"Then you should join your heart with mine." it suggested. Huh? The platform suddenly began to glow. The missing section began filling in until the platform was restored. "Now our hearts have touched. Nothing else will slip away. And one day... you'll be strong enough to win back the part that already did." it said.

"Right. Thanks." I said, thankful for whoever helped me.

"It's time to wake up now. All we need to do is..." the voice said.

"Open the door." we said in unison. The light covering the platform evaporated into tiny shards of light, revealing my Station.

No one's Pov

The cloaked man took one last look at the boy before taking his leave. He stopped, hearing a rustling sound. He looked to see the boy's arm stretched upward and in his hand, appeared a Keyblade.

"A Keyblade?" the man exclaimed. The Keyblade glowed and shot a beam of light towards the sky. The man grinned evilly, believing he found the one. The unconscious boy opened his eyes to see the sparkles from his Keyblade. They twinkled like stars.

Present

Ven's Pov

I stared at my bedroom ceiling for a long time. My Shiny Jolteon was sleeping next to me. What was that place? My thoughts were interrupted by the sudden impact of a small girl jumping on me, as well as her Eevee jumping on my Jolteon and waking him up. It was a girl I knew too well and care for more than anything. A five year-old, starlight-haired, night sky blue-eyed girl named Hikari. The Eevee in question was Hikari's Eevee, Eve, who my Jolteon cared about just as much as I cared for Hikari.

"Ven! Ven!" Hikari exclaimed. She was always so hyper when she was excited. Kinda like me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"There's a meteor shower happening right now!" she said. I looked out my window to see she was right. "Come on! Hurry!" She hopped off my bed and ran out of my room, Eve trailing just behind her. I went to run after, but then remembered something. I quickly scanned my room and found the item I was looking for was on my desk. I grabbed it and hurried after Hikari.