Three Lights vs Two Darkness

No one's Pov

Each of the Keyblade wielders arrived in the same spot, shortly after the previous one had left. Each summoning their Keyblade and saying a phrase that had meaning to them.

"What I do, I do for friendship." Terra vowed.

"The four of us will always be one." Aqua vowed.

"Friends forever." Ventus vowed.

"From now on, no more mistakes." Vanitas vowed. Then, they would each go to the area that was covered in Keyblades. Both of light and of darkness. The three friends soon met again. Little did they know, it would be the last time.

Ven's Pov

I saw Aqua and Terra not too far away. I walked up to them.

"Xehanort wants me and Vanitas to fight, and make some kind of 'χ-blade.' But the Master said we can't let that happen...and he tried to destroy me for it. And also... Vanitas doesn't want to fight me anymore." I said.

"Why not?" Terra asked.

"It's because Hikari got to him, isn't it?" Aqua asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. He said that she healed his pain. That she his friend." I said.

"Probably the only friend he's ever had. She important to him now." Terra said.

"But he has to fight me. If not, Xehanort might go after Hikari." I said.

"What!?" Terra and Aqua exclaimed.

"It's a fear in Vanitas that gives Xehanort leverage to force him to make the X-blade. I still don't know exactly what it is." I placed a hand over my heart, feeling it beat faster. "But... it scares me to death. Even just the thought of it." I said. Terra placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Relax, Ven. We're here and we're gonna take care of you." Terra assured me.

"Me and Vanitas will have to fight. If one of us destroys the other, Hikari will be devastated." I said.

"The four of us can never be torn apart, all right? We'll try help Vanitas and then we'll go back for Hikari. I'll always find a way." Terra said. Aqua placed a hand on my cheek. I gently pushed their hands away.

"I'm asking you, as a friend... Just...put an end to me." I said. My request scared them.

"Ven, I made a promise that all of us, including Vanitas, would come back. I'm not going to break a promise like that." Aqua said. A strong gust of wind blew from the side of us. We looked to see Xehanort and Vanitas.

"Behold. These lifeless keys used to be full of power—united with the hearts of their masters. On this barren soil, Keyblades of light and darkness were locked in combat... as a great Keyblade War raged. Countless Keyblade wielders gave up their lives, all in search of one, ultimate key. And it will soon belong to me... χ-blade." Xehanort said pointing to me. Me, Terra and Aqua cladded ourselves in our armor and sent out all of our Pokémon. I went to go after Xehanort, but Terra stopped me and went after him himself.

No one's Pov

The two are charged by Terra, and Xehanort responds by shifting the earth beneath them to create a rising plateau that carries Terra above the rest. Xehanort then lifts the ground beneath himself as well, creating a cliff much higher than the surrounding terrain. While Vanitas strikes Terra with Thunder, and is immediately pursued by Aqua and Ventus, Terra chases after Xehanort, who creates a Keyblade infused cyclone to aid Vanitas against Aqua and Ventus. One by one, Pokémon on both sides are knocked out and forcibly returned by their owner. Vanitas chases and battles Aqua and Ventus on the cyclone, and neither are able to overcome him. Noticing that Terra is getting closer to Xehanort, Vanitas directs the cyclone towards Terra, knocking him off the cliff. Aqua and Ventus watch in horror, and Aqua gets hit by the cyclone, crashing to the ground, obliterating her helmet completely. Ventus comes to her aid as she casts Reflect magic on Terra to protect him from the cyclone. The spell protects him from the cyclone until the he is pushed up to where Xehanort is, at which point it explodes, blasting the cyclone to pieces. Terra is dropped to where Xehanort is. Terra briefly duels Xehanort until the old man freezes his left arm. Ventus attempts to attack Xehanort from behind, but Xehanort teleports himself behind Ven and grabs him by the helmet, beginning to crush it. Terra stumbles forward, probably in an attempt to help Ven, until Vanitas and the Keyblade infused cyclone inexplicably reappear below Terra's feet, hurling him off the cliff as countless Keyblades batter his body. Xehanort and Vanitas stand at the top of the cliff, still holding Ven, presumably so Aqua could see him. When she does, Xehanort first burns and then freezes Ventus. As Aqua looks on in horror, Xehanort throws him off the cliff, and his Keyblade shatters on a rock. Aqua catches his body. Though frozen, he moves his eyes to indicate that he is still alive. Xehanort's Keyblade is changed into a purple and blue ball of flame-like energy, which he shoots upwards to part the gathering dark clouds, revealing Kingdom Hearts. Terra, barely able to stand, tears off what remains of his helmet to look up at Kingdom Hearts and begins to succumb to the darkness. Mickey Mouse looking at the battlefield from a distance, holding the Star Seeker Keyblade and on the verge of stepping in to fight Xehanort and Vanitas.

My Pov

Something horrible was happening. I felt so many pains in my chest. Something was wrong. Master Yen Sid could sense it too. So could Lovie, as she was constantly fidgeting. Donald and Goofy could see I was worried.

"Don't worry Hikari. Your friends will be back soon and then you'll be together again." Goofy assured me.

"You think?" I nodded.

"Of course. They're Keyblade wielders. They can take on anything!" Donald said. I smiled, happy to hear those words.

"You'll be strong one day too, Hikari." Goofy said.

"I will?" I asked.

"Yeah. You'll be able to defeat the darkness and protect the light when you're older." Donald said.

"Thank you, Donald... Goofy. I needed that." I said.

"Friends do help each other feel better when they're sad." Goofy said. Friends?

"Right. But if you want to be our friend, you can't make a sad face like that." Donald said. Huh?

"Yeah. You gotta make a silly face!" Goofy told me. I thought for a minute. I looked at them and pulled the biggest grin, showing all my teeth. The two of them busted out laughing.

"That's a really funny face!" Donald said.

"So, we're friends now?" I asked. They nodded.

No one's Pov

And ten years from that day, they would meet again and their friendship would grow from there. However, the warm moment lasted only a second. Hikari suddenly feels a sharp stab of pain run through her heart. Unknowingly, this pain was her way of knowing that something horrible has befallen the four people she loves.