Mark of Mastery

No one's Pov

A mouse, better known as Mickey, King of Disney Castle and Disney Town, struggle to stay afloat on a large book while raging waters begin to swirl into a whirlpool. The King spiraled down farther and farther until the illusion faded and he was back in the Mysterious Tower. He rubbed his head in embarrassment and looked at his Master, the powerful wizard Yen Sid. The wizard sighed heavily and looked at his pupil.

"Mickey... I cannot shake the feeling that something terrible is about to transpire." the wizard said. The King looked at his Master, confused. What could he mean? Outside the tower window, 4 stars grouped together, twinkling brighter than any others. These stars represented the 3 young Keyblade bearers and their precious treasure. The stars also represented their lives.

Xehanort's Pov

I had come to observe Eraqus's pupils, Aqua and Terra, as they take the Mark of Mastery. I glanced over to Ventus. He seemed to be doing well. I thought of what I had in store for the boy and could only marvel at the result of success. That's when I noticed the small child next to him. She had one of her hand underneath the chin of a rabbit doll and the other was gripping onto Ventus's hand. Next to her was an Eevee I could only assume was hers. I could tell from where I was she had ice blue hair with iris blue highlights the ends. Her hair shone like starlight in the rays of the sun. Her eyes were sapphire blue and seemed to reflect a star-filled night sky. That girl was a miniature version of her. Things had become a little more interesting.

My Pov

Me and Ven both stood straight as sticks as Master Eraqus approached Terra and Aqua. Jolteon and Lovie were next to us and Terra's Flareon and Aqua's Vaporeon were by there sides.

"Today, you will be examined for the Mark of Mastery. Not one but two of the Keyblades chosen stand here as candidates... but this is neither a competition nor a battle for supremacy- not a test of wills, but a test of heart. Both of you may prevail, or neither. But I'm sure our guest, Master Xehanort... did not travel all this way to see out youngest prospects in years fall short of the Mark. I trust you are ready." Master Eraqus said to Terra and Aqua.

"Yes." answered both Terra and Aqua.

"Then let the examination begin." Eraqus said. His Keyblade, Master's Defender, glowed and several orbs of light appeared. Terra and Aqua had their Keyblades, Earthshaker and Rainfell, and were about to start, when I felt something. Something dark and evil. That's when the orbs became covered with strands of darkness. Everyone, except Master Xehanort, seemed surprised. Terra and Aqua still began their exam. All of sudden, one of the orbs went over them and headed towards me and Ven.

"Ven!" Terra cried.

"Hikari!" Aqua cried. Ven summoned his Keyblade, Wayward Wind, and destroyed the orb.

"Don't worry about us. You two focus on the exam." Ven told.

"But Ven, you and Hikari are in danger here. Take her and go wait in your room." Aqua told Ven.

"Not a chance! Me and Ven have been looking forward to seeing you and Terra becoming Masters. We're not missing it. I'll be fine." I said.

"Ven can take care of himself. He's been out there training just as hard as us. He'll keep Hikari safe." Terra told Aqua.

"Yeah!" Ven exclaimed.

"Stay sharp, Ven." Aqua warned. They each teamed up and destroyed the orbs, only to have more pop up. Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon all attacked the orbs as well to provide cover for their respective Trainer. I felt relieved that they had the situation under control. That is until Ven turned around and got a terrified look on his face.