Chapter 22 : A coin, two sides

I was stunned. Nothing could describe what I felt right now. Was it despair? Was it frustration? Maybe disillusionment? I didn't know. A part of me wished I was dreaming... That he came to do I don't know what, but not to help killing number 48 or anything creepy! Ed looked at me, not understanding anything if my reactions. But he felt I was somehow panicked. He grabbed my shoulder with a reassuring smile and muttered kindly.

-I don't know what's going on, but you'll explain me later alright?

I nodded, trying to focus on the fight again. But I couldn't help being a little bit distracted...
Mister Claude walked toward me. Yes, toward me. I should have known. For long now. I should have known since I first felt this aura, which was now entirely surrounding him... It was dark, scary, stifling... He pinned me on the wall, hardly, making me cough. I didn't recognize him at all...

-Hah, young human~ If you knew how long, oh, how long I waited for the day I see your face, begging for some explanations... he smirked madly.

I pushed him away, tears starting to pour from my eyes.

-What the hell?! What are you doing?! I exclaimed, what's with you today....?

-Aw, let me explain, weak human~

He walked away from me a little, and something incredible, and yet horrible, happened under my eyes. He... Mister Claude... He turned into someone else... What was going on?? I was lost, lost!! This new person came toward me again, grabbing my chin. I didn't know what to do.... I didn't even know what Ed was doing or thinking...

-Listen to me carefully worthless human... My name is Envy, and I am able to shape shift. The guy named "Mister Claude"... Well from the beginning it was me~ and I used your feelings from the beginning too~ I AM NOT AMAZING?! he laughed.

This was insane. He was insane!! The one I loved never existed? I was used? Wait... Could I have possibly given informations without even realizing it? No it couldn't be...! I fell onto my knees, shaking and crying. I didn't want to accept it. I couldn't accept it...! The palm tree head was laughing madly in front of me...

-See Lust?? I told you it'd be so amazing to see her broken down!!

-Correction Envy: I told you you'd enjoy it, the woman smirked.

Oh if they thought I was going to let them make fun of me.... As I was going to stand up, "Envy" grabbed number 48's sword and planted it repeatedly in the body's seal, mumbling facts about him being so weak and all... Was he a psychopath???? Lust had to stop him because he didn't even realized he was already dead!! It was too much. I stood up all of a sudden and threw my foot to his head, throwing him to the wall in the process. Ed gave me a meaningful look.

-You will really have to explain me later, but now you're back, let's focus.

-Right!

The guy stood up and walked toward us, slowly.

-Aw, I hate fighting, it hurts when you get hit~ he smirked.

What kind of logic was that... Was it even logic?! I clapped my hands and placed them on him, glaring at him.

-I will have no mercy.

-Oh~ revenge is that right?~

-Karen wait! Ed tried to stop me, we can get some informations from them!!

But it was too late, I made him explode. It was awful, I had blood on myself and I was caught in the explosion too... But fortunately, I had nothing... I coughed a little because of the gases and avoided Ed's look.

-Well... There is still the woman... I mumbled to defend myself.

-Hum hum... he raised an eyebrow.