Chapter 17 : The truth behind the truth

The journey was horrible. Mostly because Armstrong was the one accompanying us... Roy pretexted having too much work, and Riza and his men had to stay to look after him and because they were too weak.... The only one left was the Strong Arm Alchemist... And my brother insisted for him to come with us, scared that I would be too weak in case of danger. I was sure he was just being overprotective... Not that it bothered me, not at all!
Just that.... Now Alphonse was with the sheep, in the back of the train. I imagined him, alone, summoned by animals while he was in his small wooden box (he was broken after all...). Not to mention that Edward wasn't too happy about this. How would I react if Roy was put with sheep during a travel? Well... I have to admit, shamefully, that I would laugh... But I'm weird okay?
I was about to fall asleep as the train stopped in a small village, when suddenly, Armstrong's strong voice echoed in my ears, waking me up immediately. And it was the same for Edward...

-Dr Marcoh!! Dr Marcoh!! It's me, Alex Louis Armstrong, don't you recognize me??

Um... Apparently, the poor man knew our commandant quite well, as he started to frighten and simply ran away as if he saw a ghost... I was glad to see not only me thought of him this way...

-Are we going to harass him? I asked the commandant as he decided to go out of the train to chase after the man.

-No, but I really want to talk to him, he replied vaguely.

Alright. Do as you wish Strong Arm Alchemist. Not my trouble after all. I helped Edward to pull out Alphonse, who was taken by the commandant, then we made our way in the village, asking the villagers if they knew about Dr Marcoh. Also, Armstrong drew him so people could easily recognize him. I had to admit he was very good at this...

-Dr Mauroh! they immediately said.

-My daughter broke her leg next week. He pulled something out of his wallet and it was shining!! Then my daughter was healed!

The storied all looked the same and I started wondering if a certain stone was not used my this interesting doctor... Looking at his face, Edward surely thought the same as me. And this is how we finally found the small house of "Dr Mauroh".
Except that... I expected a warmer welcome, not like a shoot and a gun in front of the face. In fact, my first reflex was to clap my hands to create an air wall as fast as possible, but Armstrong grabbed the gun and threw it away.

-Leave! How did you find me? I don't want to go back in the army!! the doctor shouted.

Army? Back? I got how Armstrong knew him. Now was only what did he do to desert...? It should be something horrible. Something... that gave him regrets, sorrow, terrible guilt. What could it be? Then I thought about my dear brother, really quickly, and remembered what caused him to lose his smile, once. I couldn't hold it back, even before Armstrong had the chance to reply.

-Which role did you have during the Ishval war? I bet you weren't fighting directly so what did you do?

The doctor looked at me, shocked and maybe a little bit interested. He looked around to see if there was no one, then spoke.

-If you promise to let me leave peacefully, I'll let you enter.

-We don't plan on taking you back with us, the commandant smiled.

So he let us in.

I started to wonder again when Armstrong started to talk about the Philosopher's stone and the doctor showed us a real one. Amazing. Liquid, but solid at the same time. A beautiful scarlet color and awesome attributes.

-Please give us te stone! Edward declared,

Dr Marcoh (his real name so why not call him like this?) stared at Edward and Alphonse with giant, horrified eyes, before standing up quickly, making his chair fall.