The History

Karasu grabbed the hand of the man and squeezed tight. Tears began to fall out of his eyes, but he was laughing and smiling. The man smiled back and pushed Karasu's bangs out of his eyes. "I haven't seen you in so long. You've grown to be so handsome just like your father. I'm assuming that [Name] is with..."

"Yes, [Name] is with Itachi. Safe with him. Karasu is with me, and his friend, Ronome, is with Buki." Shisui had kneeled down in front of the man, showing his signs of respect.

The man chuckled. "Shisui, you do not have to be so formal with me. It's just us three." Awkwardly, the Uchiha stood up.

The man let go of Karasu's hand and patted his shoulder. "Your emotions tell me that you must recognize me, but I am definitely sure that you don't know my name." He looked down and saw Karasu nod a little.

"My name is Kujaku Satsujin, your uncle. I have been waiting for so long to finally meet you after twelve years."

Karasu mildly panicked. Satsujin, the clan that was trying to kill him and his onee-chan. But, he recalled what the Fourth Hokage told him. One Satsujin had made contact with him in order to find Karasu.

"That's a long time to be waiting for someone. I'm really glad to meet another family member who, you know, isn't dead."

Kujaku smiled. "Of course. I haven't met with many of my family members for a while because they wouldn't accept me. Of course, my nephew wouldn't want to see me at all since that happened. But, that doesn't matter."

He looked over at Shisui who jumped up. "Right! Uh... Karasu, Kujaku-san has something for you. He has recovered many of the Cho family scrolls. You'll be able to learn many things with these scrolls, and Kujaku-san also has memorized many other undocumented jutsus."

Shisui had pulled out a small, rectangular box out of his satchel. He gave it to Karasu. "I only possessed one, but I'm sure Kujaku-san has plenty somewhere else." Shisui turned towards the older man and bowed. "I now leave Karasu in your care, Kujaku-san." Ending with that, Shisui waved good-bye to Karasu, promising that he would check up on him before vanishing into thin air.

Karasu looked at the box. It was trimmed with gold foil and had the engravings of clouds on a metallic purple. It fit nicely in between his two hands, but it was so short in length. How could it fit a scroll?

"Kujaku-san, can you tell me more about yourself? And, my family?" He hesitated. He wasn't sure if his uncle would be okay discussing his family.

Kujaku smiled. "You can call me 'Oji-san.' Calling me by my first name is a little formal, especially for my nephew whom I adore so much." He walked towards Karasu and embraced him in a tight hug. Karasu pressed his head against his uncle's chest.

It was weird feeling the warmth of another family member since [Name] was the only family he had ever really known. Kujaku caressed his nephew's blue-black hair.

"Uh... Oji-san, how are we related?"

Kujaku let go of the adolescent and moved over to a rock that was hidden in the bushes. He sat there; Karasu moved in from of him.

"If I tell you, it's going to be very complicated. I hope you won't be upset at me if I tell you what I can."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your mother is my older sister. She was already a toddler when I was born. Her name was Kuki Satsujin, and everyone who was born as a cursed Satsujin hid it if you were the descendant of Taka Satsujin. Our other family members from our grandfather Washi bore that name proudly, as big as the foreheads on the face.