The Yellow Flash

"What's wrong, Karasu?" Shisui asked. Teuchi placed a bowl of ramen in front of them. Karasu shook his head.

"I thought I saw my sister, but maybe I'm just homesick or something." Karasu replied. He looked at his bowl. "This is a lot of narutomaki."

Naruto jumped up. "Yeah! That's why I love this place! No menma and more narutomaki!" he squealed like a fangirl.

Karasu smiled. "Oh. I see." Ronome watched as Karasu pulled apart his chopsticks.

"Ne, Karasu, you should loosen up. You seem tense. We're in your hometown, so I don't get why you're nervous..." Ronome said, snapping his chopsticks apart, too.

Karasu flushed. "I do! I don't think I'm that nervous. Maybe I am, but I don't feel nervous at all!" insisted Karasu. He began to pull his noodles up from their warm soup.

Shisui smiled at both of them. "We have to meet the Hokage soon, but take your time. I'm sure he'll understand." Shisui said, hoping to ease his two, small companions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WHAT!? WHY ARE YOU LATE, SHISUI-KUN!" screeched a beautiful, yet terrifying woman. Shisui was kneeling down in front of her and trying to dodge her vicious swings of her ladle.

"Gomen, but our two guests were very tired from their travel, and we decided to eat at Ichiraku and sight-see around Konaha." Shisui explained for the fiftieth time.

The lady folded her arms and looked at the young Uchiha. "So, where are our guests?" she commanded.

Ronome raised his hand. "Ah- Here, miss. I am Hato Ronome from Sunagakure."

"And, I am Cho Karasu, born in Konagakure, but I was sent to Sunagakure a while ago." Karasu said.

The lady pushed Shisui aside and smiled at Karasu and Ronome. "Ahh... You two are cute. I wish my son was still as cute as you guys, but he's grown up with his own dream of being Hokage like his dad." She smiled. "I am Uzumaki Kushina, Naruto's mom and the Hokage's wife, but you can call me Kushina." She winked at the two boys.

Kushina walked towards Shisui and pulled him up. "I believe it's time to see the Hokage now." she said, still smiling, but sounding as if she was ready to kill someone. Shisui nodded and gestured for the boys to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside, a young man was sitting patiently at a desk with his hands resting under his chin. He smiled when he saw his guests and stood up to greet him. "Hello there. It must have been a long trip from Sunagakure to Konaha, huh? I am Namikaze Minato, Hokage and a father to that wonderful son of mine, Naruto. I assume you two are Hato Ronome and Cho Karasu."

Karasu nodded, along with Ronome. Minato looked at the two boys with a pleasant gaze. "I like your names, both of you. Do you know what they mean?"

Ronome looked taken aback, but nodded. Although it was a rather strange question, he knew he had to answer. "Hato, my last name, means 'dove', and my first name means, 'eye of the filter'." Ronome flushed. His first name's meaning was embarrassing.