The News

He still had the documents. Kamakiri was unsure of what they meant, but he had to figure out why he was the "third prince." He knew that the second prince, his half-cousin, died from the flu a few years back. He had always been sickly, and his lifespan was bound to be shortened.

But, who was the first prince?

Someone was in his way to succeed his late grandfather. If the prince suddenly came back and the documents were found, he would surely lose his position as clan leader. The elders would lower his status, and he would become some sort of dish servant if they wanted to punish him.

The possibility of joining the lower class would kill him. He feared that the most since his father disappeared mysteriously. He had no solid foundation to stay at the top anymore.

He pulled at his hair and groaned loudly. Everything in his plan was going to chaos. He had to think of something; find out who that first prince was and kill him.

That would save him. And, his late Grandfather Washi would be so proud of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Itachi still had his arms around [Name]. He kept her close, protecting her from any sorts of evil. She was his; he vowed protecting her until he died.

She was afraid to lose him. He wouldn't mind sacrificing himself to ensure her and her brother's safety. Yet, he couldn't bear with that idea.

He loved her. And, he wanted her to love him back. [Name] meant everything to him since she joined the Akatsuki. he promised to always be there for her, and he was supposed to support her through her toughest times.

Itachi pressed her head closer to his chest. He kissed the top of her forehead, a gentle and delicate kiss that wouldn't disturb her now quiet slumber.

"No matter what happens, I will always be here for you. But, I fear for not being there with you in the end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, [Name] woke up sore and groggy. Every morning for her had been worst than the last since she's been wandering off with Itachi. Her body ached, and she had a knot in her shoulder.

'Great; just what I need to start off my day.' she thought. [Name] tried stretching and pulling on her arm to loosen the painful knot.

Itachi was next to her, sound asleep as if everything in his life was perfectly fine. [Name] liked his sleeping face. It was calm and sound, not a displaced hair to be found. His eyelashes were long; his breathing rhythmical. He was perfect in this realm of sleep.

He moved the slightest, and [Name] jumped. She scooted a few inches away, praying that he wouldn't notice her looking at him.

Itachi blinked his eyes open and smiled at [Name]. "Good morning. How about we get our day started?"

They gathered their belongings and looked towards the nearest city. "Well, our research begins today. The Fourth Hokage told you the basic history, but now we must dig deeper."

"Do you know where? We have to find out information as soon as possible before those twins decide to attack again..."

"We'll start by searching in the foreign parts of the forests. We can probably find some ancient carvings or buried scrolls that the modern world hasn't found yet."

[Name] gave him a weird look. "Are you sure that will help us? I don't know if looking in the forest will help."

"If you can recall, the Satsujin hid for so many years. Maybe we can uncover some traces and find out where they live or used to live. Your family history can be uncovered or some secret weapon can be stopped."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shisui was up already, looking at the sunrise. Karasu yawned and looked at his tall silhouette by the window. "Shisui, are we gonna go now?"

The Uchiha turned around and smiled. "Of course, I just got a letter from You-Know-Who."

Karasu ran. As fast as his legs would let him, he had to follow Shisui into who-knew-where. His breath was ragged, and his legs hurt like hell. But, he still continued on.

"Shisui! Are...we there...yet?" He called after the man who was a few meters ahead of him.

"Almost! Hurry, or else we'll get caught!"

Karasu laughed loudly. He had never had so much fun since his sister left. He felt scandalous and dangerous running with Shisui.

Adventure was everywhere now. He felt as if he could take flight.

Shisui slowed his running pace and finally collapsed on the side of the dirt path. Karasu smiled and rolled next to him in the shade. "That was fun. I've never ran so much in my life for fun."

Shisui panted and let out a sigh of relief. "Well, the letter said that we had to be here before the sun hit high. So, we ran here. Ha ha ha!"

Another chuckle was heard deep within the patch of trees they were next to. Karasu sat up, startled, but Shisui grabbed his shoulder to calm him.

"Don't be afraid, Karasu. Something great is going to happen now."

Karasu inched away when he saw the figure. He was a thin man with light green hair and a pale face. His smile was so kind and gentle, but his outstretched hand was covered in light pink scars.

What on earth happened?

"It's been so long since I've seen you, Karasu-kun. You were a baby when we last met."

His smile looked as if it would split his face in two. He was so happy.

.:End - The New Beginning:.

.:Find Me:.

Instagram: hope.ful_enough

Tumblr: haru-on-land

Quotev: Grey Steele

Ask.fm: Grey_Steele

Line: von_steele

Snapchat: hopeweeabotrash

​​​​​​​