The Raven

Karasu was watching the sunset. He was turning thirteen soon, and he was graduating from the academy. However, all Karasu really wanted was to have his beloved onee-chan back with him to celebrate.

"Kara-kun, it's time for dinner." Another boy appeared next to Karasu.

"Hello, Ronome." Ronome Hato was a tall, lean youth with honey-colored hair and purple eyes. Karasu has known him and his family since time started on earth.

Ronome smiled. "Watching the sunset again? You've been doing this since [Name] left." He slapped his friend on the back. "Cheer up. I know [Name]'s doing fine. She's very smart."

Karasu smiled. "You know why I watch the sunset?"

"Huh?" Ronome looked at Karasu quizzically.

"I look at the sunset everyday because I have some hope that [Name] and I will see the same sky at the same time. Maybe even wishing the same thing." He hurriedly pulled out his notebook. "And, these are the wishes that I wish could happen while I was watching the sunset!"

Ronome smiled. "I knew we were friends for a reason! We're both creatively crazy!" He grabbed Karasu into a head-lock and nuzzled his head with his fist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Itachi sighed happily, making [Name] turn around. "I love to watch the sunset, don't you?" He faced [Name] and patted the top of her head. "I'll be seeing you tomorrow for training, all right?"

[Name] followed Itachi into the Akatsuki headquarters, but Itachi was no where to be found. 'Huh? He was in front of me a second ago..' [Name] thought. Instead of worrying about her leader's location, [Name] stalked down the hall, towards her room.

A photo of Karasu greeted [Name] when she opened her bedroom door. [Name] didn't remember pulling this out, but she was happy. Tears filled her eyes, and she wiped them away. She had to be strong and stay strong, but [Name] was pretty sure that she wouldn't be able to stand strong any longer when Karasu was in danger. No.

'He won't be in danger if I'm still alive.' [Name] thought. She kissed her lips and placed it on the glass frame.

[Name] admired the photo for a second longer before she grabbed her towel and a change of clothes. However, she didn't see the shadow peering through the large window smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ronome and Karasu raced downstairs. "Hey, mom!" Ronome called, once he entered the kitchen.

"Hello, Ronome, Karasu." Aika Hato said. Her husband, Kazuo Hato, popped between his son and Karasu.

"Hey..." he called, ghost-like. Ronome jumped up in fear.

"Otosan!" Ronome stared at his father. Kazuo moved his black bangs away from his eyes. Karasu laughed at Ronome.