Ch. 41~ This Place Is Not My Home

~Emma's POV~

I awoke to someone shaking me gently.

I opened my eyes to a dark and silent room. I quickly attached the cochlear and saw him. "Michael?"

"C'mon! We have to leave in an hour. You still have to pack up your things," he said.

I sat up from the bed, yawned, and rubbed my eyes. Michael flicked on the overhead light and I squinted for a moment. Michael held out his hand for me as I left the warm bed. Together, we began packing everything into my suitcase. I made sure he did not see the hidden cigarettes in one of the inside pouches. I hadn't smoked often, only when I was lost and confused. It was my little secret, not problem.

After checking the room twice, we came to the conclusion that everything had been packed away. Michael had dragged his suitcase into the room, leaning it against the wall next to my own. In his hand, there was a change of clothes for the day ahead of us.

The door creaked open, and Ashton poked his head in. "You guys packed up?"

"Yeah," Michael answered. "We just have go get ready."

"Ok," He nodded. "Everyone else is too. The 1D management said to be ready by 3:15 to leave for the airport. The flight is at 4:30."

We thanked Ashton for the information and he left the doorway. Michael and I both quickly got dressed. He wore black skinny jeans-as did I-, an old sweatshirt and black converse. I wore my Jack Skellington crew neck and black Doc Martens.

"Are you gonna put on any makeup?" Michael inquired.

"A little," I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?"

"Because you look beautiful without it," he cheekily smiled.

"Well," I laughed softly. "I don't wear that much."

"Still!" he laughed, encircling my waist in his arms.

I looked at the mirror in front of me, catching Michael staring at me.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Nothing. Continue putting on your makeup."

I leaned forward grabbing the little cosmetics bag, but because of this, Michael let go of me. I quickly applied what I usually did: foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and nude colored eyeshadow.

The knock on the door resounded throughout the room.

"Come in!" I said.

Calum and Emily walked into the room, hand and hand. Michael and I greeted them, as I finished my morning routine. I brushed through my hair multiple times, finally letting the untangled product fall down my back.

"My dad is getting better." I heard from the room.

I appeared in the room in the blink if an eye. "Emily, your dads better?"

She beamed, "He's finally out of the coma. My mom said the doctors told her this means he can make a pretty good recovery."

I hugged her tightly.

"Well, let's get going," Calum said.

Michael and I grabbed our bags, entering the hallway.

"Let's go!" Luke beamed, as we all stood in the hallway.

We began walking down the hall and into the front lobby where the 1D guys were lounging. Paul, 1D's security guard, was talking to the tired man at the front desk, probably checking out. Before I knew it, we were whisked away into a van, then an airport, and then an airplane.

"Michael?" I asked quietly due to the sleeping people around us.

"What?" he answered.

"Where are we going?"

"Honestly, I don't know." he shrugged.

I leaned my head into him, and he wrapped his arm around me. Michael lent down and kissed my forehead, returning his attention back to the iPhone in his hands. We stayed like this for a bit, silence except for the breathing of others and occasional flight attendant stopping by.

"I can't wait for the American leg of the tour. It'll be summertime..." and on I went, ranting to Michael.

I stopped when I noticed him staring at me and smiling.

"What?" I asked.

He chuckled, "Nothing."

"We go back to Australia April 23rd, right?" I looked at him.

"Yep!" he smiled. "We'll be home."

I looked out the window and thought about home. I realized one thing while I was in that plane. Australia was not my home. America was not my home. My home was wherever these people were. My friends and family. If I was with them, I was home.

VERY IMPORTANT!

I'm so sorry for not updating in so long! I'm also sorry for how shitty this chapter is! I had writers block, and I don't want this to end up like everything else I've read. Please bear with me. Thank you! ~Emma :) x