Ch. 37~ Emma's Back, Bitch

~Emma's POV~

2-27-13

Our second show in Glasgow.

And now I could finally play.

I had gotten a new outer piece for my implant and could finally hear again. Correction, I could finally play again. The crew and 1D's management informed me I could not perform because I could not hear. So, I convinced the girls to go on without me. Their performances weren't like the first, their was no lead guitar. But, I would be there, on that stage, for our second show in Glasgow.

We were currently on the stage, done performing our own songs, but because I was back, we had a few covers to perform.

"Thanks to the One Direction boys, because they gave us a full hour to perform! Our lead guitarist Emma is finally back after missing quite a few shows. So, tweet us suggestions for covers and we'll perform them right now!" Emily yelled into the microphone.

Kaitlyn pulled out her phone and opened up the twitter app. She handed me her phone and I scrolled through the suggestions that were pouring in. I Swear This Time I Mean It by Mayday Parade, Remembering Sunday by All Time Low and Terrible Things by Mayday Parade as well.

"So, I guess we're going to be slowing it down today. I need to get my acoustic. Emily, you grab yours, too," I said.

Emily and I both went off stage to the guitar racks. The techs handed us both an acoustic guitar while two crew members were on stage. They had three stools up on the stage and two microphones for our guitars. Emily, Kaitlyn and I settled in our seats and Emily and I started.

Kaitlyn began singing along, "Oh, Florida, please be still tonight/ don't disturb this love of mine/ look how he's so serene/ you gotta help me out."

And on she went, all of us joining in on the choruses. Emily also did some harmonies throughout the song. Soon, I was up at a keyboard, ready to start Terrible Things. I began playing and Emily started the song. Everyone had a solo for for this, mine being the slowest and most emotional.

My solo came up and I softly sang, "I said, 'Boy can I tell you a terrible thing?/ it seems that I'm sick and I only got weeks/ please don't be sad now/ I really believe/ that you were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

Then, Kaitlyn joined in with her electric guitar and CeCe with her drums. Emily and Kaitlyn sang the rest of the song. Soon after, I had grabbed my acoustic guitar once again and sat back at the stool.

"I say Emma takes this one herself. CeCe you wanna take Juliet Simms part?" Kaitlyn smiled.

"Sure," she answered and put down her drumsticks.

"I don't want to do this part myself!" I protested.

"Oh, c'mon! Who thinks she should?" Kaitlyn yelled into the microphone.

The crowd began screaming and I mumbled fine.

"This is Remembering Sunday by All Time Low," I said.

I began strumming, singing along as well. The arena was silent, which was either good or bad. The lyrics began getting to me, because I could feel the tears pooling in my eyes.

"Forgive me, I'm trying to find/ my calling I'm calling at night./ I don't mean to be a bother,/ but have you seen this boy?/ He's been running through my dreams/ and it's driving me crazy it seems./ I'm gonna ask him to marry me./ The neighbors said he moved away./ Funny how it rained all day./ I didn't think much of it then, but it's starting to all make sense./ Oh, I can see now/ that all of these clouds are/ following me in my desperate endeavor,/ to find my whoever,/ wherever he may be."

Kaitlyn began playing and CeCe began singing. I still strummed along, my brother and sister invading my thoughts. Soon, I had to sing again.

"I guess I'll go home now/ I guess I'll go home now/ I guess I'll go home now/ I guess I'll go home..." My voice shook when I was done.

All the girls noticed and came over to engulf me in a group hug. The whole stadium was going crazy as we stood up on the stage. We all walked off and Emily put my guitar back for me. Kaitlyn, who was much taller than me, pulled me in for a hug. My forehead was on her shoulder as the tears silently escaped my eyes. She didn't try to comfort me which I respected, because nothing she said would've been true.

"I'm okay," I breathed, pulling away from her.

"Ya sure?" She asked.

I sniffled, "Yeah."

We went into the back lounge, where the 1D guys were. Our Australian friends were up on the stage performing their own set.

"Emma? What's wrong?" Asked Niall.

"Nothing, just some thoughts invading my mind," I said.

"Michael and Leah?" He asked.

"Yeah," I sighed heavily, falling onto the couch.

I sat next to Niall and threw my legs over his. The other girls took seats and the 1D boys looked at us.

"What?" CeCe asked.

"We're having a party tonight at hotel. You coming?" Harry smiled.

"Can we?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Yeah! It's gonna be awesome!" Zayn fist pumped the air.

"One question," I said. "Will there be alcohol?"

"You definitely are Niall's cousin," Liam laughed.

"Now don't say that just 'cuz they're Irish!" Louis yelled as we all began laughing.

"Are the other boys coming?" Emily asked.

"You think they'd pass this up?" I asked.

"True," Emily answered.

"Ok, so it's in the basement at the hotel tonight. 9:30. You can come early though. Louis and I are bringing the booze. Liam and Zayn got the music. Harry's got the guest list. It's not a formal party, we're practically turning the place into club," Niall chuckled. "Just come and have fun."

"Ok! We'll definitely be there," I smirked as the boys left to get ready.

They all called back, "See ya there."

We all smiled and CeCe spoke up, "No one get to drunk."

"Why not?" I laughed.

Emily answered, "We don't want anyone getting pregnant