Ch. 39~ Feelings Revealed

A/N: I'm so sorry! I've been so busy and I've had a lot going on. So, please enjoy and forgive me. :)

~Emma's POV~

I had put some clothes on, thank god. My bra and underwear from last night -ew-, and a shirt and sweatpants from Michael.

"Well, you aren't pregnant," Michael said after he peeked into the garbage can.

"Really?" I said, sarcasm dripping from my voice like venom. "Well, I'm leaving. Thanks for the night, I guess."

I left his room and went into the hotel room I was supposed to share with CeCe. When I walked in, I saw CeCe and Ashton cuddling.

"Emma!" CeCe jumped away from Ashton. "Why are you here?"

"I already knew you two had something. I could smell his axe on you." I grabbed my jeans and sweatshirt, then digging through my suitcase.

"Where were you last night?" CeCe asked.

"You don't need to know," I replied.

"Emma, where were you?" She asked.

"It's none of your business," I calmly replied.

"Why were you in Michael's room?" She prodded me.

"Fine! You wanna fucking know?" I shouted. "We were drunk and we fucked!"

She looked at me as silence enveloped the room. I grabbed the pack of cigarettes that I stashed in my suitcase.

"Emma, no. You promised me you'd stop with those once we got to Australia," She spoke.

"CeCe, sadly, I don't care," I slipped the pack and lighter into my pocket.

I left the room before anything else could be said. Walking down the hallways and opting for the stairs, I arrived at the lobby. I left the hotel and walked down the busy streets of Cardiff. It was a gloomy day, with dark clouds hanging above. I walked the streets for awhile, meandering around. I stopped in front of an art gallery. Sitting on the curb, I pulled out the pack of cigarettes and lighter. I put the cigarette in my mouth and lit it, inhaling something I haven't in so long.

"Emma!" I heard people call my name.

I pulled the cigarette out of my mouth, "What do you want?"

"What happened? Please," Ashton begged.

"Michael has locked himself in his room. Won't let anyone in. He keeps saying something about him fucking up big time," CeCe informed me.

I sighed and rolled the cigarette in-between my forefinger and middle finger, "Well, we were drunk. I don't remember anything really. I woke up this morning, in his bed. You obviously can piece together what happened."

"Did you, ya know, use protection?" CeCe whispered.

I nodded.

"Yeah, that's one good thing," Ashton tried to comfort me.

"But, I think I just lost my best friend. I'm serious," I whispered.

"Emma, you do know he loves you? More than a friend. I swear, he worries about you all the time, but right now, you should be worried about him. He's destroying himself over this. Hell, he's been destroying himself over you since we met. Not to sound cliché," Ashton told me.

"But, what do I do?" I asked, tears coming to my eyes. "I'm so confused."

"Emma, you have to do what your heart is telling you," CeCe said as her and Ashton walked away, giving me time alone to think.

I got up and walked about the streets. I had been gone for hours by the time I made my decision. I hurriedly walked back to the hotel with a huge smile on my face.

"CeCe! Ashton!" I yelled, smiling like an idiot.

"Emma! Emma!" I heard CeCe yell.

She poked her head in the door, she looked like she had seen a ghost.

"What's wrong?" My smile fell.

"It's Michael."

Those words made my stomach drop and I followed her out to the hallway. We stopped in front of the room Michael and Ashton shared. Calum was banging on the door, begging Michael to open the door.

"C'mon Michael! Open the door!" Luke yelled.

Ashton punched the door and yelled, "Damn it!"

I heard things being thrown, glass being broken, and loud cursing. I heard Michael yelling from the room, that he fucked up and would never forgive himself, that he wouldn't open the door, that he needed a punishment.

"Emma," Kaitlyn whispered to me, tears in her eyes. "You have to help him. Only you can. I think he took to much of his medication."

"God damn it! Michael!" I screamed pounding on the hotel door.

The One Direction boys watched with anticipation from the corner of the hall. The loud noises temporarily stopped and a voice croaked out from inside the room.

"Emma?"

"Michael," I called. "Please open the door."

"Why?" He asked, anger rising in his tone.

"We have to talk," I said.

"About what?" He asked, his voice broken.

"Michael, let me in. You're putting yourself in danger. Please," I begged.

The lock clicked on the door and I heard him speak, "Only you."

I gently rested my hand on the brass doorknob, turning it. The door cracked open to reveal nothing but darkness inside the room. I let myself in and closed it behind me. I stepped around crushed bottles and broken glasses of alcohol.

"Michael?" I whispered.

I my voice squeaked as glass shattering in the bathroom resounded. I quickly ran into the bathroom where Michael was punching the mirror.

"Michael!" I screamed as he fell to his knees.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He whispered repeatedly.

I kneeled down next to me, a single tear running down my cheek. I wrapped my as around him and pulled him close to me. He must've taken his medication with alcohol.

"Oh, Michael," I sighed as his tears moistened my shirt.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled.

"Why did you drink with your medication? Damn it! I was supposed to watch out for you," I ran my fingers through his hair.

"No, no. I'm sorry," He mumbled again.

He seemed to be out of it, spacing out on me. I don't know how long we were on the floor.

"Emma?" He whispered.

"Are you gonna say I'm sorry?" I asked.

"No," He said. "I wanted to tell you that ugh, I, ya know, love you, like a lot."

I smiled, "I know, Michael. I love you, too."

"No, I mean, I wanna be with you," He looked up at me.

"I know," I smiled. "I wanna be with you, too."

I pulled him back into my embrace, but he broke away.

"Sorry," He sheepishly said."I don't wanna get my bloody knuckles all over your shirt."

I laughed at the amount of heart this boy obtained, "I don't care."

We were in each others embraces again and he whispered in my ear, "So, now what?"