Ch. 30~ We're Punk Rock Now

A/N: The version of Fuck You is the Sleeping With Sirens cover, if you wanna hear it.

~Emma's POV~

I pulled the white skinny jeans up my legs and laced up my black Doc Martens. I slipped on the Sleeping With Sirens t-shirt Niall got me and my Anthem Made sweatshirt. I put my headphones, iPod, house keys, and £20 in my pockets. The last thing I did was put on the black beanie Ashton gave me and walked to the front door.

"Guys, I'm heading out. I'm leaving my phone here," I called to anyone who was listening.

"I'll come with you. I was just heading out , too," Michael said.

"You sure you wanna come? I'm just gonna walk around," I asked.

Yeah, I didn't want him to come.

"It's fine. I just need to get away for a bit." Michael followed me out of the door.

We began walking down the streets of London. There was no snow tonight, but it was still very cold. Our breath came out in short, visible puffs of air.

"Emma?" Michael asked.

"What?" I snapped.

Jesus, I was a bitch.

"What's wrong?" He sincerely asked.

I kept my silence, our feet hitting the cold pavement being the only noise.

"Please," He whispered.

"Ever since I went to Australia, everything has changed," I said. "Some of the changes are amazing and I'm so happy. But, another part of me is just so depressed and lost."

"Why?" Michael asked.

"Michael, every time I talk to you or someone says your name, I have to hold back tears and try not to breakdown. Everytime I see Lauren and Ashton's little brother Harry, I try not to sulk and try to just enjoy their company. I'm always reminded of what I've done and I hate it," I choked on my tears.

"I don't even know what happened because you won't tell me!" He raised his voice.

"Fine Michael! You really wanna know that bad?" I yelled back at him.

There was a silence around us now, our slightly rugged breathing mixing with the other sounds of the streets of London.

"Remember that story I told at the party, about me being a stupid teenager and losing the v-card?" I asked.

"Yeah, what else about it?" Michael asked.

"Well, that was only the start," I felt the tears building up. "About two weeks before school started, my grandma and other relatives were in-town. Since my birthday was a week away, we were going to one of my cousin's house to celebrate. It was storming that night, pretty bad, but i still waned to go. Anyways, my brother Michael let me sit up from since it was my birthday. We drove awhile, since she lived 35 minutes away. I just remember driving with my mum and siblings, my dad was on a business trip. Everything was fine, until we heard this loud horn. It was deafening, the screams and horn mixed into one."

"Oh my god," Michael mumbled as my tears started streaming down my face.

"The truck hit the backseat sections and also caught fire. Michael and Leah died on impact. My mother and I had our injuries, but we got out and survived. My mum had the most minor injuries. I had second and third degree burns all over and went deaf in both ears," I cried as Michael hugged me. "If I wouldn't of insisted we went, Michael and Leah would still be alive."

"Emma," Michael sighed, tightening his grip around me.

I sobbed as we stood on the sidewalk, the few people walking stared at me as they walked by. As soon as I calmed down, Michael laid his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes.