Ch. 27~ Opposites Always Attract

A/N: The Song in the last chapter is Therapy by All Time Low and this one is Always Attract by You Me At Six. Just btw.

~Emma's POV~

Thursday, February 7th.

Day 1 with Ryan Tedder.

He had decided we would write two songs together, an acoustic one and then a more punk-themed one. It had been three and a half hours and all the verses had been figured out.

"What about something where they are missing someone, but wants to believe they're still coming back?" CeCe asked.

"I like the idea. Anyone got any ideas about the chorus?" Ryan asked.

We all sat in silence, trying to formulate a chorus.

"I got it!" I hollered.

"Go ahead! Play it!" Ryan encouraged me.

I strummed a measure from the verse we came up with, heading straight into the new chord progression for the chorus.

"And that night/ I slept on/ your side/ of the bed/ so/ it's ready when you get home/ we're like/ noughts and/ crosses/ in that/ opposites always attract," I sang.

"Shit," Kaitlyn gawked.

"That's perfect," Emily agreed.

"Damn, you're good," Ryan said.

I laughed with a slight blush, "Well, thanks. But, you are much better."

"You have some real talent, girls. One day, I wanna see you girls make it big. Promise you'll remember me, right?" Ryan smiled.

"Of course!" We all yelled.

"Now, Emma, lets hear that chorus again," Ryan smirked, writing down the notes and pitches I was playing and singing.

I played the chorus a few more times, making sure I had everything down. Then, we figured out Kaitlyn's rhythmic guitar part for the song. She practiced that as Ryan, Emily, and I figured Emily's part for her bass, very similar to Kaitlyn's. Since Ryan knew how to play the drums, him and CeCe figured out her part, which was only a small part at the end. As they were figuring out her part, Kaitlyn, Emily and I practiced our parts together. Kaitlyn and Emily had assigned solos, myself even getting a small one. We sang along with the medley of guitars, singing a song we just wrote with Ryan Tedder.

The Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic.

"Okay girls, you practice that tonight. I have an idea for another song that I'll start working on tonight. I also have a week and a half left in London, so if you want to shoot a video, I'll gladly help," Ryan smiled, putting all of his stuff back in his laptop bag.

"Thank you so much for everything!" I told him.

"It really means a lot," CeCe agreed.

"It's no problem girls, really. Just remember me when you get famous." He winked as he walked out of the room.

We all decided to go home and rest up. Then, we would eat and practice.

See, after the Michael incident at the club, I had played the 'I'm sick' card; hiding away in my room, drowning in my sorrows. I don't really know what happened after the club with Michael, I don't think I want to know. I've only talked to him when I had to, being quiet most of the time. I've gotten much closer with Ashton and CeCe, feeling like they were my siblings. Things were okay, I guess.

Kaitlyn and Emily had no idea how I felt about Michael. They had suspicions, but Ashton and CeCe promised them I didn't. Thank god. I couldn't deal with anything else.