Ch. 2 ~Michael?

~Emma's POV~

"Emma!" CeCe yelled as I left the pizzeria swiftly.

I began hurriedly walking down the crowded sidewalks, with the rain pouring down, cracks of thunder and bolts of lightning making me jump. I soon alternating between jogging and walking. I felt like I was being followed, so I looked back behind me and saw him. It was my brother. He looked angry. I began jogging more and heard him shouting behind me. Tears started blurring my vision as everything just became too much. I repeatedly looked back and everytime he was closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Gone.

Tears were still sheltered in my eyes as I kept moving. I kept hurriedly walking, looking at the ground, desperately trying to wipe my eyes. I kept my head down as I walked until I bumped into someone's chest. Someone who was much taller than me. I looked up at a pair of green eyes, which were so familiar, yet foreign. I looked up at the face of my brother. Brown, tousled hair. Light freckles across the bridge of his nose. His defined cheekbones and plump lips. Everything was so clear and familiar. Yet, still so foreign and unknown.

"Michael! Please. Please don't be mad!" I began crying.

"I'm no-"

"Michael! Stop! I didn't mean for you die!" I began thrashing around in his arms.

He caught ahold of my wrists and looked me in the eyes. Then, there was a different boy I saw in front of me. Same striking green eyes, just a bit lighter. Same plump lips, just a little smoother. Same height, just less intimidating. Same tousled hair, just darker. A boy, so different yet so alike.

Then my brothers face was back. Staring right at me. His eyes filled with rage.

"Michael, please! I never wanted you to die! It should've been me!" I screamed collapsing in his arms.

"Shhhh. It's okay. I'm fine. We are all fine." He cooed as he carried me and sat against the side of a building, still holding me.

"But-but you're......dead." The last word came out as a strangled noise.

"But, I'm not-" He started as I continued to full-on sob in his lap.

"Emma!"

"Mikey!"

"Where are you guys?"

"Michael!"

Voices were calling for me and my brother. I should've listened to them. I couldn't though. I wouldn't. I had to stay with my brother. Who was still a life unlived.

"We are here!" My brother yelled back.

"We are coming for you! Stay there!" A voice called.

"But Michael, you can't leave again!" I began hyperventilating.

"I never-"

"You can't leave me again!" I screamed. "You were gone for two years! Please! Don't leave."

"I didn't leave." He said, confused.

"Yes you did! With Leah!" I screamed back.

"I'm not Michael! Well, I am but not your Michael." He softly spoke.

I looked at his face again. It was that boy. So familiar yet so mysteriously unknown.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean too cause any-" I began sobbing harder.

He pulled me back against his chest, letting my tears stain his already soaked plain white t-shirt. "It's ok. Just let it out."

And that's what I did.

Just cried and cried, until CeCe and other boys arrived by us.

"Michael!" All the boys called.

"Shhhh." He told them, probably signalling me.

"Emma? Are you ok?" She asked.

I just stayed the way I was. In those arms that felt so strong and sturdy, but at one point was broken. Broken beyond belief. Someone else who had a past that would haunt them. A past which you would like to forget. Leave behind. Too bad that was impossible. As you can tell.

I didn't want to hear anything anymore. I didn't want to think. I just wanted to feel; let everything out. So I softly moved my hand up behind my ear, detaching the outer ear piece of the cochlear, and slipping it in my pocket of the jean shorts I was wearing. Not a thing was heard. Only felt.

I felt the steady vibrations of this boys heart, in a rhythmic melody. The soft rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. The occasional vibrations of his voice through his chest, his Adam's apple bobbing against my head. The rain pounding against us. His arms around me, creating a protective wall, like the one around my heart.

Because if I've learned something, it is to never love someone, one day they will be gone.

I felt the boy who was holding me so close to him stand up, his arms never even quivering. I felt more vibrations of his voice around me. Then, we were moving. I don't know where, probably to a home for the boardwalk was closing soon. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my arm. I slowly lifted my head which felt like it weighed 100 pounds and someone was playing the drums inside of it.

"We are going home." CeCe said in sign language.

I nodded my head in response. We were suddenly on an unfamiliar street, getting into a different car. Ashton, I think his name was, getting in the driver's seat. CeCe getting in the passenger seat, a younger looking boy with dark hair getting in the middle seat, a boy with blonde hair getting behind the drivers seat, and then this boy holding me getting in behind CeCe.

I closed my eyes. Thinking of my future life. What I wanted to do.

The answer was a musician.

CeCe and I already posted a number of covers on YouTube. Getting more views than I ever thought we would. But, I wanted to go on tours. Travel the world with my best friends. Playing music for a crowd. Inspire other people to play music, follow their dreams.

Mostly, I wanted to prove I wasn't another sad story.

Then, the car stopped and we were at my house. Again, everyone filed out. This boy still carrying me into my house. CeCe knocked on the door and my grandmother answered. She must've told her we got a ride home. She looked shocked for a split second and let us all in. I saw as they all stopped but this boy kept walking up the stairs and into my room.

He laid me on the bed and walked over towards my suitcase and pulled out some pyjamas. While he did that, I pulled out the outer piece of my cochlear implant out of my jeans and laid it on the small nightstand next to the bed. He walked back over handing me the pyjamas and beginning to exit the room to let me change.

"You can stay." I said, even though I couldn't hear myself.

He blushed and faced the wall letting me change. I threw the dirty shirt, shorts, and bra in the corner where I would put the hamper. He saw how the bed only had sheets on it, so while I was getting dressed he found the comforter in the closet. He walked back over to my bed where he laid the sheets and comforter over my body.

"Thank you." I signed to him.

"No problem." He signed.

"Wait, you know sign language?" I abruptly spoke.

He nodded his head and smiled, "Goodnight." He signed.

"Night." I signed back.

He walked out closing my door and shutting off the lights. As I tossed and turned trying to find a comfortable position this boy invaded my thoughts. I believe he said his name was Michael.

Well, that explains everything.

A/N: This story is for Emily, Kaitlyn, and Emma. Without y'all, this story wouldn't be possible. Thank you for supporting me. ~Emma :) xx